cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
adamsmerhij
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when i turn my HP on , the screen gives me "HP" logo and says, Press Esc key to start up

pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
when i turn my HP on , the screen gives me "HP" logo and says, Press Esc key to start up.

I cannt restart it .
I cannt reach the F8.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
42 42 1 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when i turn my HP on , the screen gives me "HP" logo and says, Press Esc key to start up

Hi @adamsmerhij,

Welcome to the HP Forums 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the notebook goes to HP logo and says press ESC to start up.

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern.

Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and remove the battery.  When done, hold down the power button for 30 seconds and then reinsert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and try starting the notebook.

If the above doesn't help, shut down the notebook again. And perform BIOS Reset http://hp.care/2dI18Vb as shown in the video.

If none of the above works, try tapping  F2 as you start the notebook to see if this will enter the UEFI Tests.  If it does, you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

TechRush5
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
adamsmerhij
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well , i tried evwr thing
Memory test
Hardwar test
All what u have mention , but nothing work.

One thing :
I couldnot open the link that you have send ?
How to perform the Bios reset ?
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
42 42 1 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Then lets go through these steps to perform a BIOS reset.

·  Shutdown the Notebook.
·  Hold down the Windows and B button together while the notebook is still turned off.
·  Turn on the notebook and continue to hold the Windows and B button until a BIOS Recovery screen appears.
·  Follow on-screen instructions and click on OK.

You can get detailed instructions in the following link http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833 for restoring BIOS.

I would like to know if you were able to initiate tests or not. if yes, what is the result?.

Please keep me posted.

TechRush5
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation