cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bparkhey Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when start the laptop on clicking any icon last icon of the desktop gets selected

hp notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

when start the laptop on clicking any icon last icon of the desktop gets selected  and some times all the icons gets selected

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,623 12,733 826 1,428
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when start the laptop on clicking any icon last icon of the desktop gets selected

@Bparkhey

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP laptop with Win8.1 installed. Wen you click on an icon, the entire desktop gets selected and sometimes a few icons get selected. 

I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software) took place on the laptop after which this issue may have started. Also, please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

• If this issue started recently then please perform a system restore and restore the laptop to a previous date when it worked fine. System restore will not delete your data.
  • If the issue persists then please perform a Windows refresh (repair). This will not delete any data.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the results. 

All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation