Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 11 Stream
Windows 8.1

just received my new stream 11.  have barely unpacked it yet!

quesition: I know that there's a slot for a memory card - I almost never use a camera, so I'm not totally familiar with that technology.  

Can anyone tell me what kind of card goes with that slot?  What's the maximum capacity?

thanks!

w

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, that will work.

-wes

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

The SD card slot supports all current SD cards:

HP multi-format digital media card reader, which supports the following formats: 

• Secure Digital (SD) 
  • Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) 
  • Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) 

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Customer,

If you are ferring to the SD card slot shown in the Picture.

It can be any SD card with any size available in the market.

Desktop1.jpg

Regards,

Rajesh

HP Employee.

HP Recommended

Okay!  thanks very much!

follow-up question: this is an SD card as opposed to a "MicroSD" card?  not sure what the difference is, if any.

for instance, would this card (from newegg) work:

<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220814&cm_re=sd_memory_card_64GB-_-20-220-8...

thanks again,

w

HP Recommended

Your link got chopped but MicroSD is smaller and wouldn't fit the slot.  There are microSD to SD adapters

SD cards

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

thanks! I get it now, I think.

this seems to be a NON-micro SD card (with a shortened link) :

<http://bit.ly/1C7Nobf>

thanks very much again,

w

HP Recommended

Yes, that will work.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

thanks! and I just realized that there was a link to a bunch of SD cards in the previous response.

thanks again,

w

HP Recommended

WES, I would like to challenge you to use the sdhc bay on the hp stream 11. Does not work really! Thank you

HP Recommended

clsaopaulo,

When you say it doesn't work, how do you mean?

-wes

I am an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.