Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Wes, I have tried 3 distinct sdhc cards from sandisk, brand new, one of 16 gb, one of 32 gb and one of 8 gb (this last one using one adaptor).

The sdhc cards of 32 and 16 gb are class 10

After inserting the card, it takes more than 5 minutes till the machine realize that  one card is inserted, and shows the sdhc icon

After, when you click over the icon, it takes another additional 5 minutes or more till the machine report "please insert one sd car" (even the card been there).

I can assure that the cards were properly inserted (they stay recessed when in place)

I have used the Device Manager to check the driver and the response is that it is up-to-date.

I can´t believe the internal card reader is defective, seems to me that the windows 8.1 driver has some problem.

I have used the chat with the hp support and the attendant entered on my machine and made all efforts (almost 1 hour)  till recommend me to return the machine to the original status, what I have not done.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Ok, this is good information.  I'll see if I can get one to test.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you Wes I will wait for your response

HP Recommended

Thats because the HP Stream 11 and only support cards within the original SD range.

These card come in 3 formats

SD 

SDHC

and 

SDXC

Each is had a great memory capacity range than the previous, However each format is distinct from the other. 

All card are commonly known as SD Card ,however you must aquire a strictly SD card which means that you will not get a capacity greater than 32 Gigabytes.

I hope this helps

Scorpit

- I am not an HP Employee B.T.DUBS

HP Recommended
Scorbit please can you specifically inform if the hp 11 stream works with sdhc cards? I am in doubt with your answer. Thank you
HP Recommended

so does that mean i can use any sd card as long as it is not greater than 32gb including sdxc and sdhc. I have the same stream 11 and wanted to know the same thing because i do not want to waste my money for no reason.

HP Recommended

Did you find a card that works for your computer?

HP Recommended

@clsaopaulo wrote:
Scorbit please can you specifically inform if the hp 11 stream works with sdhc cards? I am in doubt with your answer. Thank you

I can report that I have been using 32GB SDHC by Samsung  Class 10 48MB/s rating. P/N  MB-SP32D   MBSPBOVEOFW-F

My Win 10 OS is on the eMMC but I have installed and run a number of programs (MS Office 2007, Firefox browser, VLC video player and others) from the SD card that I treat as if I had an internal "D:" hard drive in a desktop PC.

It sure would be nice if HP would start a thread where people could post various brand / Class / type / GB size that they run without problems under Win-10.

HP Recommended

More info on SD cards that work in Stream 11

64GB SDXC by Samsung  Class 10 claim "up to 48MB/sectransfer (paid $18.85)

P/N  MB-MP64D

So far I have loaded 24GB on the card.  The Stream Windows 10 file manager reports  64,005,074.944 bytes

I installed a few different programs on the SD card and they seem to run with no problems.

Again have to wonder why HP is "under-selling" their product by not advertising much larger storage capacity possibilities that would make the Stream a more desirable product.

Maybe someone else will get a 128GB SDXC Class 10 card and report their test results.

HP Recommended

If you attempt using an SDXC card in your Stream 11, please report both the HP part number of the Stream 11, along with the SDXC card's specs and your success or failure. We know HP has used different wifi cards in different Stream 11 models; this may also be true of their card reader hardware. Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.