Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The Stream 11 I used the DSXC card in sucessfully is model K2L95UA#ABA

HP Recommended
My Stream 11 (possibly a d011wm): SKU K3Y85UA#TBA TCN-22-ICO212S3201B Model AU58Y3K My memory card: 64 GB Lexar by Micron Platinum II SDXC UHS-1 LSD64GBSBNA200 Rev D
HP Recommended

My "HP STREAM 11 D010NA L0M36EA#ABU" works fine with the "KINGTSON 128GB MICRO SDXC CLASS 10 (SDC10G2/128GB)", SD adapter included.
Actual average write speed ~15 MB/s, read ~ 23 MB/s.  I don't know why it is so slow in read mode.

There is "I" digit and "45MB/s [R}" on microSD card and package.

HP Recommended

I have tested this card ( "KINGTSON 128GB MICRO SDXC CLASS 10 (SDC10G2/128GB)") on the desktop PC via hama usb 3.0 123947H reader:

~17.5 MB/s writing speed;

~75.0 MB/s reading speed.

It is probably that SD reader on Stream  11 is working via USB 2.0 controller: "write speed ~15 MB/s, read ~ 23 MB/s".

HP Recommended

Great discussion re: SD micro cards for HP Stream 11:

I bought my HP Stream July 2nd, 2016, Model# 11-r014wm; I purchased a Samsung EVO 64GB, Micro SDXC, UHS-1, Class 10, Model: MB-MP64D or MB-MP64DA/EU card (w/ adapter) from Ebay for $19.95. The Bar code is 8 806086 051002. It seems to work fine, no problems reading/writing so far. I am assuming the same goes for a 128GB Micro SD from Samsung. But a 1TB External Hard Drive is $59 @ Sam's Club, so why not go that direction?

BTW, Ephotozine just did testing on the fastest SD full size cards and Micro cards to determine fastest read/write specs. They list the top ten on each. Samsung Pro is in the Top 5, Samsung EVO is #5. Also, Samsung are waterproof, shockproof, magnet........& have a 10yr warranty, but not recovery software.  

https://www.ephotozine.com/article/top-10-best-microsd-memory-cards-2015-27366.

HP Recommended

kab340 wrote:But a 1TB External Hard Drive is $59 @ Sam's Club, so why not go that direction?

For the same reason you didn't? :smiley:

My criteria were threefold. My primary extended storage device had to be unobtrusive, bootable, and of sufficient capacity to hold a typical (for me) Linux installation along with all the photos I'm likely to shoot on a single vacation trip. I was also concerned about the additional battery drain an external HDD might impose.

HP Recommended

Good thoughts RockDoctor;

I was in a bind & on a budget for a new laptop/notebook and bought this HP Stream 11 from the clearance table @ Wal-Mart for $75. I figured, well, what's the worst that can happen? Using my own reasoning for another $300 I could get a 2 in 1 with at least an i3 processor & 500GB of memory. I still have a 1998 Dell Vostro 1500 business frame laptop running XP-Pro with the programs I can still use just fine; just decided it was no longer wise to surf the net anymore with XP.

I'd love to hear if anyone has had definite success with Samsung Pro or EVO 128GB micro SDXC. Again, thanx for the thoughts.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.