Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion 15-e015tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i want to buy 4gb ram and my specs are 4gb 1600 mhz 1.35v. so which should i buy 4 gb ram 9-9-9-24 or 11-11-11-28 latency? which is giving me  better performans  ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This is the memory specified for your laptop, by HP Part number:

Memory module (PC3L, 12800, 1600-MHz): 8-GB 693374-001 4-GB 691740-001

https://www.amazon.com/HP-691740-001-1600MHz-PC3L-12800-memory/dp/B00CI08FX4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=...

This is CL=11 latency memory and is also low density with 8 black blocks on the side not 4. 

I am not sure where you are finding CL=9 memory that is DDR3L-1600. I have only seen CL=11 in that speed. 

In any event, if you are adding a single module to an existing module you will only run at the lowest spec of the two modules so even if low latency memory could help (it really can't so don't waste your money) you would have to install nothing but the low latency memory to do any good. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.