cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

why are my colours so washed out?

I have just purchased a HP Pavilion DV6 - the screen colours are milky and washed out - is there any way to resolve this or is this just the way the screens are?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,963 23,744 2,065 7,524
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

why are my colours so washed out?

lhilliam,

Welcome to the forum!

That is sad.  No, it's not normal for the colors to be anything but bright, vibrant, and beautiful.  This is a new computer, it should be gorgeous.

Have you tried adjusting your display?

Start > search / type "control panel > Click to open

Control Panel > icon view > Personalization > Display >

From Personalization, you can set up a Theme - use one that is on the page and adjust it or Browse and use your own pictures...

First, though, you'll want to check the colors...

From Display, you can go to

Adjust Brightness,

Calibrate Color...

Try adjusting the colors.

It could be hardware, or there might be a driver that needs to be updated - THAT is unlikely on a new computer unless something was missed. 

If you haven't done it at all, you might need to set up your Windows Updates at least so you can get the big update that all new computers usually need.  Whether or not you leave them turned on later is a matter of personal choice.

I hope this helps.

Say “Thanks” for the Help -- Click the Kudos Star whenever you find a Post that helps you.

Fixed?  Mark this Post “Accepted Solution” to say the solution worked for you.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation