cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rtong
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

win 7 iso download vicious circle

HP Recommended
hp pavilion dv6t-7000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i'm caught in a vicious circle - digital river downloads directs me to the microsoft website, which doesn't accept the oem product key, so i called microsoft and they said i have to the the images from hp.  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,164 119,341 19,492 29,787
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Microsoft pulled the plug on letting us download the free ISO files last February.

Now you have to have a W7 full retail product key in order to download the ISO files.

Your only option if you don't have a W7 Home Premium installation disk would be to order a set of recovery media from HP at the link below.

Select the W7 operating system from the drop down menu, and the link to order recovery media is the last item on the page.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv6-7000-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-serie...

0 Kudos
rtong
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for the quick and detailed response, paul!

rt

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You don't have the flexibility of a plain W7 installation disk, so make sure if you are installing a different hard drive, that it is around the same size as the one that came with your notebook.

I don't like the factory recovery disks since they don't always work 100% of the time.

0 Kudos
jmoulton
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That link does not have a recovery media link in it.  I have the exact same issue as above.  Where do I purchase the recovery media?  It is rediculous that my hard drive crashed and I have the product key but I am not allowed to download and install Win7.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jmoulton :

Posting on a discussion over a year old is of little value.

The link I posted DOES have a line to order recovery media for the dv6t-7000 model. 

The recovery media will not work on any other model notebook.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-Pavilion-dv6-7000-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5226230...

I found a place a few months ago that claims to offer genuine W7 ISO for free, but when you come to me with a negative attitude, I don't see why I should be of further assistance to you.

Do you?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation