cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
40 28 0 4
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

windows 10 drivers for elitebook 8540

HP Recommended
elitebook 8540w
Other

i have windows 10 tp 10162 running on my 8540.

with the help of a good sole Tikkanen who doesn't work for HP I found drivers listed for 8 & 8.1 that solved the 3D driver issue for one.

i still need to get the HP protect system going to see if the FP sensor will work.

the other drivers I tried for the 3D said they could not find the accelerometer.

The buttons still don't work but this is a work in progress.

I suspect I will be totally disappointed in HP when the do not release any W10 drivers for this at the end of the month.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 6
725 700 9 59
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

old post

acutally almost all  drivers work,  click DM see them?

but the SD card driver. is missing but the w7 works.

and the 3D Drive Guard for HDD, ( we run SSD so its useless. today,  )

the big question is if HP will spend the big bucks on a 6 year old Lappy.

big. IF.

what is missing is suport for the huge, list of HP 8540  applications.

btw some work

but not HP  Client for Security. its DOA. and shows not supported..

see ,my list

http://hp8540.justdied.com/#Hp-w10-drivers

3d driver on the offical page loads and runs.  but only under true admint, UAC

sp53795.exe (9.3 MB)

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=4096176&swItemId=ob_102000_2&swEnvOid=406...

I am not HP, and I am fully retired since 2009 from this industry. older than dirt,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
11,219 2,191 436 154
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ruggb wrote:

i have windows 10 tp 10162 running on my 8540.

with the help of a good sole Tikkanen who doesn't work for HP I found drivers listed for 8 & 8.1 that solved the 3D driver issue for one.

i still need to get the HP protect system going to see if the FP sensor will work.

the other drivers I tried for the 3D said they could not find the accelerometer.

The buttons still don't work but this is a work in progress.

I suspect I will be totally disappointed in HP when the do not release any W10 drivers for this at the end of the month.

HP doesn't support drivers for non production models beyond the last O/S that came with it. It cost money to make and produce drivers-they aren't free. If you want to have a stable system you will have to use the Factory Reset HP media to restore it back to keep using it.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
725 700 9 59
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

100 % true. last post

the HP page not only does not support w10 , nor the over 30 HP applications.for w10

but the op never stated what he expects,  50 new working apps and drivers.  and the 3D driver,

the 3d is useless with SSD, why not just upgrade.

if you do , it will be like a new laptop.  (I promise)

after using the SSD for 1 day, i promise, never again will you  SPIN a HDD, (unless for backups,,etc)

here is what works on mine.

ALl drivers work

and i can read my mail.

i can use fire fox.

even some games run on my fast quad core.

what do you expect, if all you need ?

i even got the HP client for security working.

link: (a zero exploit server (mine)

http://hp8540.justdied.com/#Hp-w10-drivers

this is hacking... not HP support ,

have 6 running like this, runs perfectly, but not the 29  other HP software apps.  marked w7.

btw , we do see HP upgrading key (Driver/aps)  on newer Lappy's  ,  i see 2013 year system with newer  software.!

2 years later,

the cost of the elite work stations, should include support for software for a few years.

after all you paid the big price for that.  !!! 

I'd say, (tried them all i did) and say that the best update would be  the HP client for security, needs minor fixing)

it currently messes up the Group polices...

I am not HP, and I am fully retired since 2009 from this industry. older than dirt,
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation