Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
giftedmishra Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

windows 10 upgrade fails on pavilion 15 notebook pc

pavilion 15 notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a hp pavilion 15 notebook c with AMD A8 processor running factory installed windows 8.1 64 bit version.

I have been getting windows update messages and i had already registered for an update to windows 10.

But, i have not been able to upgrade. the download process completes and during the initial part of instalation process, it says update could not be completed.

I have tried creating media creation tool on my usb and tried to install but failed again.

Can anybody help?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @giftedmishra ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion 15 Notebook and issues with creating Recovery discs. Here is a link from Microsoft on creating USB recovery flash drive.

Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Plug the power adapter directly into a functioning wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

If your computer is having problems finding and installing operating system updates, try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix the problem.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
giftedmishra Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for you reply,

I have already tried it. I tried to upgrade via windows update 3 times, download completes, process starts and abruptly ends without any information. only information i get is 'update failed'.

i have downloaded on a pendrive and tried to upgrade multiple times but same problem persists.

i had bought my laptop at US but currently am using it at Nepal, could that be a problem?

desperately want to upgrade. Neither windows nor hp seems to have any solution.

Feeling 

0 Kudos
baptack74 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes I've been having issues too on my hp pavilion 15-n009tx and it all comes up with the error message C1900101-3000D. When the previous version of windows was restored I lost wifi and sound as those Realtek drivers were wiped off

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation