cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
janh1058
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 11 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The restore worked perfectly and I still have Windows 10 minus the software I had installed which was apparently the issue. Everything works great now.
Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Kimmy200670
1 1 0 1
Message 12 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm having the same problem flashing screen unable to use I have tried to revert back to previous build, but I get error message WDF_VIOLATION than reboots back to login screen in windows 10! Unable to do anything. Please help
LS-one
2 2 0 0
Message 13 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The real solution, I got this off of microsoft and the best part is that windows 10 just starts working after you finish,

The solution was to download the Norton Software Removal Tool from Norton's website.
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Now, the problem is how do you run the software removal tool while the UI (User Interface) isn't functioning? 

My solution was to:
1) Download the software removal tool using another PC onto a thumbdrive, it may be best to rename it something short.
2) Plug the thumbdrive into the problem PC.
3) Use Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager
4) Click "File" then "Run New Task"
5) Enter the path for the removal tool on the Thumdrive, for example, if you renamed it "Norton", then "E:\Norton", or whichever letter the thumbdrive is assigned.
6) Run the tool, reboot, problem solved.

One thing I really want to make known, Norton was *not* listed as a program that could be removed in "Add or Remove Programs" dialog.  I had disabled all actively running Norton services through Services.msc Only once the special removal tool from Norton removed the Registry Keys did the problem stop.

There must be something Norton has configured in the Windows Registry which is the root of the issue.  Stopping the program and any related services accomplished nothing, only removing the keys via the removal tool.

But really, how is it possible that a software such as Norton could be unlisted in the "Add or Remove Programs" dialog?

Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation