cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lamo668
Level 1
12 6 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

windows 10

HP Recommended
HP Stream Notebook PC 11
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I want to know, when Windows 10 comes out on July 29 will i be able to upgrade on this device. I only have 2Gb of RAM. So do i need to increase my RAM to 3GB in order for windows 10 to work properly.

Thanks,

Lamont

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Zoan
Level 3
Level 3
49 49 3 8
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings for the day lamo668,

You can upgrade the unit to windows 10 if you are using windows 7 and windows 8 or 8.1, the hardware specifications that is required for the windows 10 upgarde is as given below.

Processor: Greater than 1.2Ghz

Memory( RAM): 4GB and more

HDD Space required: 16GB and more

Regards,

Zoan

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
lamo668
Author
Level 1
12 6 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So i have to buy more RAM, how much will an upgrade from 2 to 4 RAM cost. I am using Windows 8.1

0 Kudos
Zoan
Level 3
Level 3
49 49 3 8
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi lamo668,

Please help me with the serial number of the unit so that i can let you know the pricing if available, and yes you can upgrade the unit to windows 10 as you are using windows 8.1.

Regards,

Zoan

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,328 90,205 11,597 24,874
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is the product of your PC 11 ? Normally NO, you can't upgrade RAM on your computer because your computer uses onboard RAM that means it is soldered to the motherboard as the following machine:

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-stream-notebook---11-d010nr-energy-star#!&TabName=specs

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

lamo668
Author
Level 1
12 6 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The bottom line is I will not be able to install windows 10 on this device because i will not be able to increase my RAM

0 Kudos
lamo668
Author
Level 1
12 6 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Serial number is: [Personal Information Removed]

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation