Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (2,201 Views)

windows 7 recovery for pavilion g6 notebook

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have bought a  HP g6 laptop with windows 7 Hope Basic pre installed on it, i was trying to install window's into thumb drive, but accidentally formatted the note book hard disc. i have not created recovery disc. now i want get back to my original windows. can some one help me on this.

i tried using boot recovery by pressing F11, but got an error with some referencing is not found.

Note book model : HP Pavilion G6-131tx

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 6 (2,195 Views)

Re: windows 7 recovery for pavilion g6 notebook

Hi, since you have not created the Recovery Discs, you would have an option to buy from HP. It would cost you approximately $ 15 – 20.

Please provide the Product Number / Model Number of the Notebook to help you further.

The SKU number (also known as the product number) usually follows a format similar to 12345#aba. Do not provide the Serial Number.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (2,170 Views)

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

The product details are 

Model : Pavilion G6-1301tx

Product code: A3V67PA#ACJ

can you provide me the details how to buy it from HP. can you confirm if i can create recovery disc from my another laptop and use.

I have bought the laptop 3 months back, i am in waranty period. also please confirm me if it can be done at service center.

Thanks

Honor Student
Message 4 of 6 (2,136 Views)

HI some one can you please reply on this reqest plzzzz

Student
Message 5 of 6 (1,550 Views)

i have same problem so what we do???

Distinguished Professor
Message 6 of 6 (1,546 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello MaYur008,

Are you trying to run a recovery? What exactly are you having issues with?

Can you please provide the full make and model of the computer you have, I you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this link for help if needed.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation