cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ilie_Galan
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

windows 7

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC orignally came with windows 7 pre installed on it... i upgraded to windows 10 Educational and its been more then 30 days since the upgrade. i want to go back to windows 7 so i went to microsofts website to download a copy of windows 7 and put in the product key from the sticker off the bottom of my PC

after hitting validate i get the following error

the product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options

how can i go back to what was pre installed on my PC without having to buy a copy of windows 7?

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,252 123,463 20,739 31,830
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

This site claims to have genuine, unadulterated W7 ISO files for download...

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Click on the link labeled Windows ISO Downloader.exe

You can use either the:

Win 7 Home SP1 or the (Retail version, but the  OEM key on your PC's case will work with it)

Win 7 Home SP1 COEM (This version would be for what HP would have used--System Builder)

N is for European Union (EU) countries.

K is for South Korean markets.

Then you can use this tool to transfer the file to a 4 GB USB flash drive or a DVD.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

Then go to your notebook's support page to install the drivers and available software you need.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation