cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Craig_McC
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

windows 8.1 start menu

HP Recommended

My HP Envy notebook was set back to factory settings. I done all Windows upgrades to 8.1 and all HP updates. It used to have a very handy HP program (with a now forgotten name) that replaced the OLD windows start button. All of the programs (Word, Excel, Photoshop, Turbo Tax etc.) available were listed and could be started there.

Please help me find the HP progam that replaced a lot of the function of the old start button, so I can put it back on. A link to it is preferred.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Craig_McC
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found the name was HP Quickstart. There was a link in another post, but no longer works. Is HP Quickstart still available?

0 Kudos
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
32,736 32,439 3,000 10,873
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

For Windows 8.1, you might be able to use the HP Launch Box Manager:

Download / Save:

sp63808 HP Launch Box V1.1.5

1. Double Click or Right-Click on the file and install as Admin...
  2. The application installs in seconds and then disappears.

Windows key (opens the Start Screen) > type anywhere, the word: Launch Box >

Click to start the Launch Box Manager

• The Launch Box Manager will start on your Desktop and offer a list of available applications from which you can choose eight applications for your Launch Box menu.

• Once set up, the Launch Box Manager sits in your Task Bar.

• Right-Click to Edit the Manager OR Left Click to Open and access the items in your Application List.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer provides a Fix or Workaround!

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Craig_McC
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was looking for the program that had a rocket as the icon. The Launch program can only handle 8 programs and I'll use more than 8. I found the Quick Start program but it was only for 32 bit processor, and I have a 64 bit system. It also disappeared so I was not able to test it to see if it works.

So... I'm looking for HP Quick Start for 64 bit processor.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation