Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have installed windows 8 pro x64 and since then my (ati radeon HD 6470m) not working.. it's only the (intel HD graphics card) that is working. Also, my device manager is recognizing my ati card as (ati radeon HD 7400m)!!!.

Now i have tried to update the driver but i couldn't even install it. My laptop is "Pavilion g6 1026-sx". On Hp drivers support site there's no update for the ati graphics card. On "amd" drivers support site i found an update called "catalyst mobility driver verification tool 13.1"  and when i begin to install it.. it says "amd catalyst mobility could not be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer - the version of your graphics adapter is not supported!!

Please any one has an idea to fix this mess??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got my graphics card working with the AMD catalyst 13.2 beta 6 driver from here: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/amdcatalyst132betadriver.aspx
it's working great finally!!
but I still missing the switchable graphics option 😕

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hey,

Go to local Disk and click on it there should be a folder called windows.old. Check that out its get all your files from your old operating system mess around with stuff in there.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended
dude I don't have widnows.old folder 😛
HP Recommended

hello,

well ati radeon hd 7400m sounds better than radeon hd 6470m. This may boost performance just leave it as it is. or have you rtied updating the graphics cards threw device manager?

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended
Are you kidding me ? ofcourse it sounds better then because its a newer card, but this doent mean you actually HAVE a 7400m.

A 1000 euros also sound better then the 10 euros i have but that doesnt mean i HAVE a 1000 euros.

Do you see where i am going?

The support HP is giving for windows 8 is so bad i cant describe it, but your reply does it for me. I can really throw this g7 laptop out of the window and tell everyone to stay away from hp since the support you get is really under par.
HP Recommended
@Marcelol
I totally agree with you man, but i don't know whether to blame HP? or Windows 8 stupid devices recognition? i mean it is so weird that it detects a wrong graphics card type!
HP Recommended

i had the same issue bro, now u can feel safe download this driver and install it instead of the official one :))

it works for me, and am sure it gonna work with u bcuz u have the same VGA card as i do 

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58660.exe

Enjoy your switchable application again and use your VGA card  😉 

HF

HP Recommended
thank you man.
but this is not official right? could you please send me the link of the source website that has the driver?
Thanks.
HP Recommended
I installed it, and it did not solve any issue... still getting this 7400m problem and also the card still not running. Actually I didn't even get the catalyst control center!!
HP Recommended

http://leshcatlabs.net/index.php/2013/01/leshcats-catalyst-13-1-whql-unifl-v2-1-for-amdintel-laptops...

try that driver, still gives the wrong name, but the video card is actually working now and graphics are switching + i get the CCC.

i got it installed now, seems stable.

Good luck.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.