cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Aditya6 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

windows product key activation

hello,

a week ago i had reset my pc , aftter resetting pc , for activation of windows i have entered the right product key but it gives error it shows try different key , i dont know what to do ,tell me what should i have to do

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
16118 16062 1492 3572
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

windows product key activation

Aditya6

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about problems with Windows activation and wanted to help -- but need more information.

If you can, please follow the directions in this link to find the detailed product number of your PC: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

If that is not possible, then look for a sticker on the PC that includes the product number and post that here.  If the battery is removable, the sticker is likely to be in the battery compartment.

There is more than one model of your notebook and we need the specific model number to search for information about it.

Also, need to know what Windows version your PC is running. We need that information because troubleshooting steps are different for the various Windows OSs.

Here is a link on how to find that info:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-operating-system

IF it's running Win10, did it come with that preinstalled?  

If not, what was the prior OS of the machine and how long ago did you do the Win10 Upgrade?

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation