cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Fatch
1 0 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

windows product key

Probook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently bought a Probook 450 G2.  I need the product key for my installation of Windows 7 Pro (aquired, aparantly, through the downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro).

I do not need instructions on using the 'included recovery media' or on creating said media.

I do not need to be told to use the 'restore manager' at any time to recover my machine.

Nor do I need to be told the CD Key is 'in the bios' and that I will never need it.

I need the actual product key.

2 REPLIES 2
ssantana3430
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

windows product key

my product key i need to activate zgain my loptop is not on the box or.loptop

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
8,916 8,811 725 3,259
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

windows product key

Hello @ssantana3430

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

You will not find your product key on a sticker attached to the BIOS (if the PC runs Windows 8/8.1/10). As per Microsoft requirement, they are bundled into BIOS. More info > https://www.cnet.com/news/windows-8-moves-to-bios-based-product-keys/

In order to help you solve your issue you need to provide as many details as possible:

- Why do you need to reactivate Windows ? Did you reinstall Windows ? If yes, how ?

- Did you perform some hardware change or update?

- What is your HP product model and product number > http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108   ?

Looking forward to your reply

****  Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
****  Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation