Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lexymoon Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

windows won't upgrade on pavilion x2

Pavilion x2 detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm a complete newbie in everything regarding IT so please, in plain english and as easy as possible in answers :)

I have problems with windows updates to my HP Pavilion x2. It's been problematic since I've got it because it's usually runs out of space on C disk. Its been cleaned and doesn't have absolutely nothing on it apart from everything whats been instaled when I got it. There is plenty of space on D disk, but it's impossible to move preintalled apps or the new ones to it by default!! It makes me crazy and I have no idea how to instal latest updates, been trying to install them for last 2 days! Please help!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Lexymoon,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

This is a wonderful location to converse with  the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

It is very important when posting to include your precise model of HP notebook and not just the series to aid the community in assisting you:

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I understand that you are unable to install updates as you are running out of space on the "C" drive.  This can easily happen due to the limited internal space.  With Windows 10 you can change where applications are installed. You may need to move  them  onto an external storage device such as a SD card to free up space, thus allowing room for any updates to be installed.  Here is a link to assist you with that process:

Move Windows 10 Apps to other Drive

How to install Windows 10 apps to an external drive (from windowscentral.com).

Please keep me updated on your progress.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks!   

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Lexymoon Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I still trying to fix the problem, because I still can't upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586!

I can't move existing apps to sd card, the button is inactive. I can only uninstall everything, which I did with all apps I have been installed and even some of tose who was already on my laptop. But there still isn't enough space on my C drive. I have 64GB SD card in it, but can't use for making any more space. Confused and a bit dissapointed.

And for a copmplete information I have HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n108na detachable

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Lexymoon,

Thank you for the update.  

How much free space do you have on the C drive?  How much space is required for the update?  Here is a link to the  Windows Update Troubleshooter. Open the Windows update troubleshooter as it may help overcome this issue.  If you have sufficient free space on the C drive for the update and the troubleshooter did not help, please contact HP Support for further assistance.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation