cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Evie1234
Level 3
69 61 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

wins8.1 & 10 operating ?

HP Recommended
HP PAVILION NOTEBOOK 17-G036
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys

This problem is driving me nuts....

Since buying my notebook I have had one problem after another.

Going through to hp for help via supprt to no avail, sometime making the problem worse.

Decided to do recovery for the last time a couple of days ago, as when I looked at task manager it had no dividers ie at the top and dividing processors or anything else.

After recovering to factory state, I couldn't get any updates at all. Got through to microsoft who said windows was corrupt even though I had just reverted back to factory settings.

He downloaded KB3138615 and installed it, hey presto updates started to to appear all be it very slow.

Then after a couple of mins of using the n/b I noticed that the problem with the task manager was back!

So I made the decision to order the cd's to completely reinstall everything from the begining, at a cost of£33 something.

Rubbing my hands together thinking yes this will sort you out.

Ho how wrong was I!

The comp ran even worse that it did in the first place.

No updates no dividers and missing things. Close to tears now I got back onto microsoft who said refresh again.

Did this and all worked good for the first few mins then opened task manager to see if that was still  and it had gone back to the same problem, at the end of my teather now, don't know what it causing this.

Internet trouble shooter not giving me the option to reset adapter either.

No error messages no nothing!

Can't get any updates either.

Updated to wins10 seemed ok for a couple of mins, then task manager did it yet again lost all dividers i.e the blue ones. One says APPS just at the top, and theres another further down.

No-one has an answere so far!

Any idea's please.Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,609
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @Evie1234 - Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are experiencing issues with the HP notebook. I will certainly do my best to help you!

I see that you are having issues with the task manager on your Windows 10 notebook. Can you please send me a picture of your task manager? That will help me understand the issue better.

Alternatively, I suggest you run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows key + X
    Click command prompt (Run as administrator)
  2. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
  3. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth 
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
  4. To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter

Method 2: 

1. Press Windows key + X
    Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
  2.  Type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and "/")
  3. Press Enter.

I hope this post is helpful. Get back to us if you have further queries and we'll be glad to assist you further!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Evie1234
Author
Level 3
69 61 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi have tried everything. Here is a picture f my task manager in win 8.1!Screenshot (3).png

0 Kudos
Evie1234
Author
Level 3
69 61 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried all that you suggested! I did use the old version of ufei and that sorted it after I let it run for the 4 hrs but 10 mins later it was back like the above again, acting up.

The original looks like this and the comp runs great no problems. However like the above  runs rubbish.Screenshot (4).png

0 Kudos
Evie1234
Author
Level 3
69 61 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screenshot (5).png

0 Kudos
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,609
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @Evie1234

The second image that you posted is not visible. A very small image is shown, hence unable to identify the issue.

Please send the second image again. Could not identify any issue with the 1st and 3rd image.

Thanks, I will watch for your reply!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Evie1234
Author
Level 3
69 61 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

Sorry didn't know how the image would turn out!

My issue is that my pc started playing up, so I refreshed it, all worked fine as stated above until my task manager changed from the last  pic to the first!

After refreshing,  my pc would not get any updates either.

I sent for care pkt to reinstore everything, but it didnt make any difference.

After installation got through to m/s who said that windows was corupt, told them I'd only just reinstalled it from cd, he didnt have a clue why this had happened either.

He said that these were missing from the new installation, and this was the reason no updates were getting through..

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30411, Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.61030, Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 11.0.61030.

Surely this is not what I should be having with the new installation cd that cost as I said £33 to purchase.

I know that there is something not right with the pc as it's not running as it should.

As I have said befor if I refresh the system it works great until  the change with the task manager changes.

It's as if there is a conflict or something is missing.

The uefi must have fond something, as when i ran that the pc task manager righted itself, for about 10 mins then went back to the first image again.

Thanks for your reply.

Evie

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,945 2,572
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Evie1234

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Dvortex, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I would like to know what is the exact issue you are facing with the task manager. I checked the images you have shared and I didn't find any issue.

Also, apart from the task manager, do you have any issues using the computer? 

Looking forward to your reply.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Evie1234
Author
Level 3
69 61 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Yes lots of issues!

Can't get updates.

running rubbish.

I even purchased the media cds to resolve the issues but thats done nothing.

there is an issue with tast manager!

When I restore or reset its fine and looks like this pic below!

Then if I click on any of the headers ie: processors, performance, app history etc.

The task manager changers to the second picture and runners rubbish!

freezing, not opening web pages etc.

Any idea's.

Screenshot (5).pngScreenshot (3).png

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,945 2,572
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Evie1234

Thanks for the information.

It looks like you have shared the same screenshots again of the task manager.

I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article for the freezing issue.

http://hp.care/2rwChut

For web pages not working issue, I recommend you to trying using a different browser (Like Mozilla or chrome) and check.

You need to install the KB update suggested by Microsoft to get the updates working again on the computer.

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation