Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 6 (5,921 Views)

wireless mouses

[ Edited ]

Hello

Sorry to say I am no longer an HP or Compaq customer.  I did purchase one of your small wireless mouses (mice) and would like to report a fault with it.  The model number is: MORFB1UO...or P/N 430388-101, I hope - too smalll for my old eyes.  Anyways, the battery compartment is spring-loaded and pops open continuously - turning off the ouse everytime - this tends to be very frustrating.  Not to worry though - I have thrown it against the wall and the remaining pieces are now is in my trash.  You are more than welcome to re-route my email - or dump it - I really dont care.  I just wanted to let you know you have a poorly designed mouse on the market, you should re-think the design and maybe re-thinking customer service or marketing.  You are too distant from the customers and you will lose them.  Well - anyways - just a meager outsider with an opinion.

V/R

Doug

[title edited for clarity]

Message Edited by SandyD on 11-27-2009 02:50 PM
0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 6 (5,464 Views)

Re: wireless mouses

The same here.

Mouse model: FHA-3410

Click and hold is recognized as repeating double-clicks in text editing programs:

Notepad (alternating selection of cursor position/word

MS Word 2007 (alternating highlighting of word/paragraph)

Quest Software TOAD (word/paragraph/icon for copy/paste)

If anybody out there from HP is reading this:

please create a patch for mouse driver.

I suspect this is a _common_ problem for any wireless mouse

Rgds,

Konstantin

Top Student
Message 3 of 6 (5,433 Views)

Update:

HP guys promptly mailed me a replacement mouse with Fedex Overnight; this is very nice but replacement mouse behaves absolutely the same way; this is not a common problem for wireless mouse, though: I purchased simple mouse from IEssentials and it works perfectly.

I sent to HP a screenshot (animated) of that issue and will be waiting for their feedback.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 6 (5,224 Views)

I have an annoying problem with my new purchase.

Mouse model: FHA-3410

Click and hold is recognized as repeating double-clicks.  In Excel, cannot select a series of rows properly. In Notepad results in alternating selection/deselection of  word under the cursor

The MS wireless mouse I had, worked really well until it was dropped and broken by my son. I foolishly (in hindsight) went for this one and am regretting the decision :-(  Please stay away from this product.

Student
Message 5 of 6 (2,710 Views)

WHY MY WIRELESS MOUSE MODEL-3410, BLUE COMES BUT GOES OFF.

Intern
Message 6 of 6 (2,553 Views)

I'm am afraid to say that your mouse is dead....

you will see on this thread that it has been ongoing for a year now and they have done nothing about it...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-HP-Consumer-Products-and/Holding-down-mouse-button-sends-repeated...

I have potted mine in resin to use as a paperweight and a a reminder to myself never to use HP products again..

Good luck with your purchase of an alternative mouse.

Paul.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation