cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

wireless network is always gone from laptop

HP Recommended
HP15-r032tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

wireless network is  gone after every 20-30 minutes of uses of my laptop and when doing trouble shoot then it says that " Default gateway is not available".  Even i  went to device manager and selected network adapters and updated the wifi adapters but it is useless. kindly help me.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 185 361
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @NaushadAhmad, 

The issue you are experiencing with your wireless connection may be a problem other customers are also wondering about; please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post helps you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Please try the Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection tool. This took will walk you step by step through the process. 

I did some research and found a great document for you called Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet. This document will help you troubleshoot the Wi-Fi issue also.  

Have you tried to connect using Ethernet? 

Does that connect fine?

Have you tried to test by using another connection? 

Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.

Have you tried to Restore the BIOS

Have you tried to do a System Restore to a date when it was working better?

Are you receiving any error messages?

Have you uninstalled the driver in the Device Manager?

Please try the following: 

• Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.
  • Expand Network adapters.
  • Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.
  • Restart your Notebook twice.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

If you require further assistance, I would be happy to help. Please make sure that you have done each step (including the ones in the troubleshooting document) in order and provide the detailed results of the steps. 

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I am glad that you joined in!
Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation