Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Stelly66 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

would you like password manager to remember the password for

eIt asks me this question every singl time I enter a password. I check the box "never for this site" and No Thanks and it just keeps haunting me. I even went in and disabled the feature. Still haunting me.

Annoyed!!!

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5476 338 861
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Stelly66,

Welcome to the HP Community, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see you are having an issue with your password manager. I will be happy to help but I will need some additional information please. What is your operating system? What is your product number? What browser are you using?

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
forums712 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Stelly66,

I am having the same exact issue with an HP EliteDesk 800 G1 tower running Windows 7 64bit with IE 10. I just rolled out 40 PC's and all users are about to throw their PC's out because of the HP Passport manager which does NOT go away even if they say NEVER remember password. They have to click that box everytime they logon to a website. So now it is either figure out a way to disable it which i cant seem to figure out through the HP Client Security Manager or remove HP Passport Manager in all which i have started doing but takes some time as i have to remove ALL Security programs first before uninstalling Client Security Manager. I would have to remove HP Device Access Manager, HP File Sanitizer, HP Drive Protection, HP Theft Recovery, HPTrust Circles, and then finally HP Client Security Manager. I have made a sciprt to uninstall all the programs but and works but the only one that still leaves registry settings is Theft Recovery and does not unisntall all the way becayse i think it prompts for manual internvetion becuase of it wanting to close a service and to say "yes" to uninstall all components.

So if comone can help me figure out how to DISABLE or stop the annoying popup from coming up after saying NEVER or how to make a script that properly removes HP Theft Recovery (i can uninstall all the others just fine)

Thanks,

Jimmy K

0 Kudos
forums712 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, but the above post was supposed to be for BHK6 and not stelly66 but I am sure Stelly66 needs the same answers. Thanks,

Jimmy K

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5476 338 861
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi forums712,

I see you are having a similar issue as Stelly66.  Here is a link to a third-party site with some information on this issue. All the software you working with is exclusive to the commercial computers as the EliteDesk is a commercial unit I would suggest that you post your issue in the commercial forums. Here is a link to the Desktop Commercial forum.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
JulianBlue Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm having same problem with HP Client Security version 8.3.1.1714 running on Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64.

Computer is an HP Probook 470 G1 P/N E9Y71EA.

For every website with a user/password form Password Manager appears on the page.
The checkbox "Never for this site" often does nothing and I still get the popup more than once per site.

I've already opened Client Security, gone to
Home > Password Manager > Settings and disabled the checkbox "Ask to add credentials on access pages" (or similar, I'm translating the only checkbox present).

Please do not redirect this thread on commercial forums. No one is talking about Client Security there.

Kind regards.

Kenny_duehit Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

VERY ANNOYING

I'm using Client Security Manager 8.3.1.1714 and Drive Encryption 8.6.4.82 on an Elitebook 840 g1 notebook, pn: E3W24UT. But I imagine this is an issue with Client Security Manager and not specific to any model of machine.

I'm looking for a way to remove this credential manager entirely. Not just a per user basis. I don't want it on there or bothering anyone, ever. I don't want each user of the machine to have to remove themselves from it. It's the most intrusively annoying software as it pops up over the login fields so you have to close it to see the what you are typing into the field and the "would you like us to remember for this site" box always pops up no matter how many times you tell it to never remember.

If there is no solution to this, I'll be dumping HP's software and going with something like Truecrypt instead, multiple users be damned.

Jim112 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have an hp ProBook running Windows 7 and the password manager asks whether i'd like to save a password every time i enter one even though i've repeatedly said "never for this site" and/or "no thanks".  How do i get it to stop?

0 Kudos
hpisnotgood Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you ever get a real answer to your simple question?

0 Kudos
hpisnotgood Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you ever get an answer to your simple question about password harrassing nonsense?  THX

It is doing the same thing to me.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation