cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
zandorf46
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

HP Recommended

www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

When I turn the laptop on, it goes to a grey screen, I can get to the log on sceen but it takes me back to a blank grey screen again.   I managed to get into the "fault finding sceen" and ran a few tests, I got the following results from those tests:

Start Up:   Mem Test:  Failed

Failure ID:   9GO143-55969Q-xd003G-40KKC03

Product ID: XH487EA#ABU

Start up test failed, 

It is running Windows 7, 32 bit

I think it is a HP Altec notebook

It is my friends comp and the only label on the base is the Microsoft Windows 7 label, no serial no or anything.

can you help please

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
sel_rajan
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when i go to start its take time or not open with this commond

0 Kudos
Cloud_Strider
Level 10
5,568 5,441 389 899
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
zandorf46,

I responded to your other thread that appears to be a duplicate of this. The memory in that system has failed and it will need to be replaced. If it is under warranty, then contact HP for a service on it.

If it is not under warranty, then replacing memory is typically a low cost.

You can find the product information on a service tag. Every PC HP ships has a service tag somewhere on it unless someone has removed it. On notebooks, this is on the underside or inside the battery compartment. On some notebooks, it is a black label that blends in with a lot of other information that people ignore. It can be easy to over look.

If you want to get an idea of how much it would cost to order memory for that notebook, please post the product number (not the product key) and I will see what I can find.

sel_rajan,

Could you be a little more specific as to what happens?
Do you get any error messages?
Does it boot into Windows?
What is the full model of the notebook?

Please elaborate more of what the issue is so the community will be better able to assist.
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
chandu78-------
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

what is starzup

0 Kudos
ruby2013
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am having issues with the windows startup. It says

Memory test PASSED
SMART check PASSED
sShort DST FAILED

FAILURE ID
U4H164-54T6PB-MFLU2J-60TR03
PRODUCT ID
WQ875UAR#ABA

Hard Disk 1

Startup test FAILED

Please guide me with this
0 Kudos
AttackofZaq
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 822
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ruby2013 wrote:
I am having issues with the windows startup. It says

Memory test PASSED
SMART check PASSED
sShort DST FAILED

FAILURE ID
U4H164-54T6PB-MFLU2J-60TR03
PRODUCT ID
WQ875UAR#ABA

Hard Disk 1

Startup test FAILED

Please guide me with this

Hello ruby2013.

This means you need to replace your hard drive.  What is your product number?  This document can show you where it is located.

Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
ruby2013
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Does this means I cant recover my data aswell?
0 Kudos
AttackofZaq
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 822
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again!

It is possible that you could, it depends on the type of failure.  For example, if the platters won't spin then you'd need professional equipment to recover the data.  Do you have another notebook or external enclosure you could put the hard drive in?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
henryahorlu
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

When I switch on my labtop I get the above message.

What's the problem?

Henry

0 Kudos
KILEH
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup у меня чёрный экран и как я выяснил ошибка в BIOS помогите разобратся.

windows 7, premier experience. Видео карта стала медленне крутится и начала вибрировать ноутбук

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation