Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My brand new Pavilion x360 has a black screen. It has only been used a couple times since i bought it last month. I was in te middle of downloading an app and i closed the laptop and put it aside. i went back and opened it about 5 minutes later and there was a black screen, even though the power and caps lights were on.i turned it off and on a couple of times but that didnt work and the battery is built inside so i cannot remove it. I need help!!!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Austingp16 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  Smiley Happy

I understand that after starting a download you closed your HP Pavilion x360 PC and now it will not boot up. I will try my best to help you with this issue. To better guide you, could you please tell me the full model or product number of your computer and the operating system that is running on it. Here are some guides for How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? and Which Windows operating system am I running?.

In the meantime, here is a document for Computer Does Not Start  that may have a solution for you.

I hope this helps, please let me know how it goes.

Thank you and have great day!

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Not sure if you have resolved this issue yet but I started having the exact same problem. I just purchased my x360 2 weeks ago. It was recommended on another forum to turn the computer off and then hold down all four arrow keys while pressing the power button to turn on. I did this and to my shock it worked and my computer is operating normally at this time. (I just did this myself 15 minutes ago, so havent tested everything) I hope this works for you or anyone else having this problem.  Best of Luck!

HP Recommended

Just tried the "turn off and hold arrow keys down" solution and it worked!

good thing, not having a removable external battery makes the normal "hard reboot" process dificult.

HP Recommended
You rock!!!! It worked! Thank you so much!
HP Recommended

I try the power and arrow keys don't work for me

HP Recommended

ok mine is different the cpu not working anymore

HP Recommended

it worked!thanks alot(hp x360 pectre)windows 8.1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.