Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
danipon Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

zbook studio g3 usb-c dock problems

Hi, just received my ZBOOK Studio G3 a couple of weeks ago and I'm experiencing some problems apparently related to the USB-C dock.

1) mouse sometimes lagging

2) keyboard randomically losing some input

3) keyboard randomically repeating key-press events causing letters repeeeeeeeeetions ;-)

Both devices connected to the dock. Windows 10 up-to-date. HP updates installed (well... most of them).

I'm basically sure the problem is related to the docking because a colleague is using the dock with a ZBOOK (not studio) and had the same problem.

Anyone experiencing the same issues?

Daniele

3 REPLIES
J_DE Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Exactly the same problems (and many others) with our ZBooks (G3 Studio) and the TB3-docks.

There is no solution yet and I think that HP will not continue selling the TB3 dock.

0 Kudos
Matt62 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. the dock station is super buggy, both internet and mouse are connected directly to the laptop ports (avoiding) the bar.

Is there an eta on a driver update (win 10) for the bar that corrects these connectivity issues?

-M

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37366 5646 9742
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Zbook 15 G3 Nobile Workstation HP loaned me for my particilation here, and I also have this dock for it, also loaned to me by HP:

I do have issues getting the video working after a power outage or if I disconnect and reconnect the dock as when I take the laptop off the dock. But generally it is very stable and reliable. I have a 4K DP monitor and a FHD HP monitor attached, both through the 2 available DP ports, but the FHD with a DP to HDMI adapter. Also using the gigabit ethernet and the regular usb ports for mouse and keyboard, and a usb 2.0 hub, and using the dock audio. I have turned off all Thunderbolt security in the BIOS. Running Windows 10 64 bit. Once I get it working it is fine through reboots but again, has trouble getting working right again after power off. I have always been able to get it working after 2 or 3 attempts, however. Typing this on it right now. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation