Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Many thanks.  I couldn't find the way to the "top of the thread."  Now that I read it at last, all I should do, hopefully, is to do as written there.

HP Recommended

A BIG "thank you"!  I spent several hours this afternoon trying to sync my Palm m125 with a new Windows 8 laptop after downloading the appropriate OS.  Fortunately found your Aceeca fix description before I'd become entirely bald from tearing my hair out.  Have been trying to set up this machine without the help of my techie spouse and was concerned that this fix might be too complicated for me--but it's not!  It took about three minutes after downloading the driver, plus a reboot, and HotSync is fully functional.  Thanks for the great directions! ( And thanks to whomever first figured out that this would work.)

HP Recommended

I have followed all of these instructions, but some of the things did not work right.  First of all, in the device manager, I did not see anything called Acceca or Palm Device or Other Device even though I showed the hidden devices.  However, when I pushed the hotsync button on the Tungsten E2, an "Unknown Device" Shows up under Universal Serial Bus controllers.  I tried to use this one instead, but when I tried to update the driver it said that it was already up to date.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

-Drew

HP Recommended

The "Unknown Device" that pops up in Device Manager when you press hotsync is exactly the one you have to update the driver. After selecting "Update Driver Software" of "Unknown Device" you have to choose "Browse my computer for driver software. Locate and install Driver Software manually" . From there navigate to the location where your un-zipped Acceca driver is saved on your Drive and install the Acceca driver manually.

HP Recommended

I have tried doing that, but as soon as I click next after telling it where the driver is at it says:

"The best driver software for your device is already installed

Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date.

Unknown Device."

It said this the first time I did it, too; none of the drivers seem to have actually installed.  Any more ideas?

HP Recommended

What Version of Palm Desktop did you install? Win7 x64 or Win8 x64?

HP Recommended

Win7 x64

HP Recommended

Thank you for keeping me updated of all these exchanges.  At lo...ong last I managed to have the system ready to have my E2 sync'ed with Palm Desktop 6.2.2.

But when I pressed the "Sync" button, the process moved only to "Synchronization Date Book - 4 of 14 comleted" on Win8 machine, and "2 of 12" on Win7, after which no progress (for 6 hours!).

Is there something I am missing here?

HP Recommended

:Wink:

I have  a Tungston that was on the shelf for a few years after I bought a WIN 7 (DELL INSPIRON 1545). I really liked that PDA better than the smart phone I had bought around the same time (Samsung MOMENT). Also, I could not move source code I had written via PocketC from my Palm into my new PC and back again when I was updating my code unless I kept running my old PC. My old WIN XP was starting to get old age pains (USB ports were starting to fail). Your discussion was perfect. I found and installed the new driver with Palm Desktop 4.1.4 and I am S*W*E*E*T!

Thanks

HP Recommended

I just found my old Zire 71 and placed the desktop software on the laptop 64 bit windows7 and of course no HOT SYNC. Just read the other site about this solution and downloaded the ACcea material. Now before I go any further, I had already tried from Palm and read about how 64 do not sync via cable. However, I had already uninstalled everything with Palm Zire 71 even the desktop software. Do I need to reinstall my CDs before going further with the ACCea driver material????? To me it makes since, but for now I must go and hope upon my return in about 30 minutes maybe an answer to carry on with this project. Sure would like to use this investment Zire 71. thanks for your help and quick reply!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.