Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP Touchpad can't settinp up it

For te first time, I wanted to setting up my new touchpad so,
 I selected
     english > and
           united status > and
        setup wifi and choose one > (it was accepted )
       Apperar the "HP Terms and Conditions" screen
      then I got an error message
     "Server Error
      Please contact palm.com/support
       to help resolve this problem
 "
     How  I can resolve this problem, Please

Thanking you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The solution was to use webOS Doctor .

webOS Doctor reseted the touchpad. So, next I could installed androis without any issue

Thanks

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

was this ever fixed

HP Recommended

@brittany371 wrote:

was this ever fixed

No, afraid not.

HP pulled the plug on all webOS services on 3/15/2015.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

The solution was to use webOS Doctor .

webOS Doctor reseted the touchpad. So, next I could installed androis without any issue

Thanks

HP Recommended

So since i reset my touchpad and webOs doesnt work what do i do? basically its a paperweight?

HP Recommended

@Doniquew wrote:

So since i reset my touchpad and webOs doesnt work what do i do? basically its a paperweight?

You can try installing Android on it, just like many of us have!

See the first post in this section:  Android on the TouchPad.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended
I can't install anything b/c I can't even get past initial set up. I choose language then connect to wifi then I get the server error. Then it goes back to select language
HP Recommended

I don't know that you need to be able to setup the TouchPad in order to install Android.  Try following the instructions on the site linked in the thread WyreNt referred you to.  You have nothing to lose, since you really do not have any option to setup the device using webOS.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your TouchPad is trying to connect to the now absent HP servers to set up a profile. All you need to do is bypass this step to gain full use of your TouchPad. Instructions are here: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-TouchPad/317164-activation-bypasstouchpad.html

It's a bit involved, but the instructions are clear.

Android is one option - you can setup to be able choose webOS or that at boot. There is also a new version of webOS, LuneOS that runs on the TouchPad.

The forums of webOS Nation are a good source of knowledge. Http://www.pivotce.com is the prime source for news. If you subscribe or check regularly, you will be up to date with developments or issues as the arise.

HP Recommended

i am with you.  Most of the links take me nowhere.  I do get the language, country, and network to go but that is all.  Did you find a solution?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.