Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi , 

my HP Touchpad  shows battery question mark symbol, what should i do ?

Thanks in advance

Regards ermoberlin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hold the Power button to attempt to turn the TP off.

When the TP is off, press and hold the power and volume up buttons.  

The TP should power on and display the USB trident symbol.

At that point you're in USB mode and should be able to use webOS Doctor 3.0.5 I suggest using WebOS Doctor to reset the TP to its delivered condition

The forum with the greatest amount of resources for the HP Touchpad is the HP WebOS Forum. I highly recommend joining that forum.

This nicely written and illustrated standard Touchpad troubleshooting tutorial is at the WebOS forum.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried as suggest to turn off the TP while hold the power button but  TP screen is still showing the Bty with question mark.

Any more problem solving technique.

Awaiting reply

Fareed

HP Recommended

The battery is too depleted to start the TP. Plug it in and leave it for awhile, usually powers up automatically once it charges enough.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I have tried to reset the TP as suggested and I still get the battery with a question mark in the middle of it error.  I have charged the TP for days using the wall outlet and using only USB cord plug into my computer.  Nothing will work.  Is there anything else I can try to fix the issue?

HP Recommended

The issue is likely related to the charging hardware, either the cable or the a/c adapter itself.  There are numerous threads on the subject, including this one.  Try un-twisting and re-tighening the business end of the a/c adapter (it comes apart), or try a different or new USB cable.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended

What does the battery with ? mean?  What can I do to get my Touchpad working again?

HP Recommended

My pad is displaying a picture of battery w/? in middle.  Please advise if this is a known issue or appropriate resource to resolving tips.

HP Recommended

The battery is too depleted to start the TP. Plug it in and leave it for awhile, usually powers up automatically once it charges enough.

If it doesn't charge,try un-twisting and re-tighening the barrel end of the a/c adapter.If still no joy, try a different or new USB cable.A generic cable will work with the barrel charger ,such as one from a digital camera or cellphone.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Sorry, this didn't work for me.  My issue is a little different.  I just bought this Touchpad a couple weeks ago from an auction, its condition was unknown.  First issue was the battery was completely dead and no charger was included.  After I figured out you need to use an HP charger and not just any ole charger, I went and bought an HP charger online.  Now it appears it has charged, but I get this symbol.  I've tried the restart and it just goes back to the symbol.  Tried the power, center, volume combination and nothing comes up.  I don't know if I can even use the WebOS doctor since I never set up a WebOS account on it.  I doubt its still covered under any warranty, but its impossible to tell on my own since I don't know the original purchase date.  If you've seen any other solutions, please let me know, I've been dying to play with my new toy 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.