Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 1 (64 Views)

HotSync and hotsync manager problem XP

I have a Palm Centro (Verizon) and Tungsten E with Windows XP service pack 3 and both had no problems with HotSync but a few months ago both would not HotSync.  I found that I could not open the HotSync Manager.  When I tried I got an error message - HotSync Manager Application has encountered a problem and needs to close.  Clicking to find some more info,  There is an information window that starts with Exception Information, Code:   Records:  Flag:  Address.  I have tried uninstalling (including the clean Uninstall) and reinstalling the software that came with the Centro.  Interestingly, while reinstalling the software I get the same error message when the Hotsync Manager is being installed and starts to run.  I have tried to Hotsync each device and each time I get the tone to signal that a device is connected to the computer but Hotsync fails.  I think the issue is with the hotsync manager and the inability to open it.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

Post relates to: Centro (Verizon)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation