Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  I was able to reload Palm 6.2 software and complete the hot sync.  However, apparently my date book didn't sync and my calendar entries on my laptop are wiped out.  They still exist on the handheld, but when I try to resync just the calendar, it hangs up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

On Palm Desktop, try changing the Calendar conduit setting to Handheld Overwrites Desktop.  If that doesn't work, you might have a damaged record on the handheld.  Check out a utility called DbFixIt from www.dataviz.com where you can download the trial version.  The free version will let you delete any damaged records.  For a small registration fee, the registered version can repair damaged records.  Good luck!

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

On Palm Desktop, try changing the Calendar conduit setting to Handheld Overwrites Desktop.  If that doesn't work, you might have a damaged record on the handheld.  Check out a utility called DbFixIt from www.dataviz.com where you can download the trial version.  The free version will let you delete any damaged records.  For a small registration fee, the registered version can repair damaged records.  Good luck!

_____
HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion!  I had already tried the hotsync option with the handheld overriding desktop, but to no avail.  However, I've now located and downloaded the DbFixit program (new link: http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/dbfixit.htm), which has detected 10 errors.  In order to either delete or repair them, I need to purchase the software, which takes 24-48 hours, so I'm in the process of doing so.  I'll report back on what happens. 

HP Recommended

I've installed and run DBfixit (a few times, as recommended), but unfortunately, the Calendar still hangs up during the hotsync, so my calendar is empty on my desktop (hmm, maybe I should take the hint ... ).  Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Yay!  I kept at it, using DBFixit a few more times, this time removing deleted and duplicate records.  After synchronizing the applications that hadn't been a problem, I then synced the Date Book application separately.  It completed "successfully," without hanging up, but also without copying any records from the handheld to my desktop, so I was still facing a blank calendar. 

Undaunted, I tried again, first having closed down the desktop software before syncing and, once more, just syncing the calendar application.  This time it worked!  I've tried syncing everything once more and all seems to be processing normally.

Thanks for the tip about DBFixit.  It was interesting to note that all profits are directed to the World Wildlife Foundation (not that it cost much, at about $13 US).

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, smkrantz!!  - Karen

HP Recommended

@KarenonSSI wrote:

Thanks for your help, smkrantz!!  - Karen

I'm glad that worked out.  And good on you Karen, for not giving up!

_____
HP Recommended

Hi fellow Sony Clie' users!

Glad to see there are still some people out there still passionately using Clie.

I've been happily using Palm Desktop & syncing with Clie UX50 but I made the mistake of allowing my Clie' UX50 batteries run down and now it hangs on Date when syncing no matter how many hard resets or reboots I do.

I'm not sure Pimlico Software are still around and www.pimlicosoftware.com/dbfixit.htm only has an email address

where we can ask for the download page.

Can anyone help please?

Palm Desktop v4.1

Palm OS software v 5.2
Address v4.53S
Address Sort Libra... v1.0
Date v4.53S
Data Import v1.1
DeviceMgr v1.0

I'm on MacBook Pro 10.14.3 (18D109) and run VMware Fusion on
Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3. Ver 2002 on Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7360U

Thank you, very much

I'm in Hong Kong, China and West Australia

HP Recommended

The download for DbFixIt is available from the page you linked to, as shown here:

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 11.40.47 AM.jpg

_____
HP Recommended

Hi

thank you so much for replying and also for being so speedy. Amazing... much appreciated.

I followed all instructions, downloaded and launched DBFixit but I cannot get the DATE DB onto my Clie

for the App to check it.

I clicked DO NOTHING for the Date in the sync set up but...

When I did the hard reset on the Clie UX50 I chose ERASE instead of KEEP which deleted the Date DB from my Clie believing

that afterwards I could simply sync everything like I normally do. Probably a naive mistake I'm my part I'm realising.

Would you know of any other solution please?

Thank you....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.