Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Surface pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have set up my Palm Desktop on Windows 10 machines before, and I've done the same thing on a replacement computer running Windows 10 (64 bit).   The process goes through the hot sync normally, and I had already copied the saved folder with my data into the  user/documents/Palm OS Desktop folder.   There is data in the folder, but when I open the palm desktop, nothing shows up.   I've done this twice, with the same result.   I always set the hot synch to desktop overwrites handheld since I never use the handheld for any of the data on the desktop.

thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Baltovet

I wanted to add another observation.  Before I pasted the file with data into the new computer, I checked it's properties.   It said 7.14 mb.   After I opened Palm Desktop and found that there was nothing displayed, I checked the file again.  Even though I never added anything, it now showed  8 + Mb of data.   After closing and opening again, then it shows 9+ Mb.   I never added a single character.   Any idea what is going on here?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.