Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

help

52 REPLIES 52
HP Recommended

My bosses touchpad would not turn on. Plugged it overnight, still nothing the next day. Completely black and not responding to anything until we connected it to an AC outlet using the original AC adapter and cable, and hit the power button (top right edge) and the center button (lower center of touch screen) at the same time for 15 seconds (this was rumored to do a reboot on other posts). This caused the light to alternate in the center button back and forth, I then got a large battery icon in the center of the screen that had a lighting bolt in the middle and a red line near the flat end of the battery. This would switch to an AC plug icon if I removed the usb cable from the touchpad.

I called support about 20 minutes after this happened and about five minutes into the call was put on hold. During the period I was on hold the unit booted on it's own  seemingly normal and indicated the battery was charging normally.

I suspect your battery has completely drained, and locked up the system some how.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

When I turned mine on today there was a weird symbol in the middle and I couldn't turn it on or off either. Not sure what the hell happened but I just plugged it in to see if that was the problem. I am pretty sure the battery wasn't fully drained so that is where I am confused. Oh well. Maybe there was a reason they sold them for $149. It's probably got issues. Other than that I was pretty happy with it. Hopefully it comes out of it's coma.

HP Recommended

Mine did the same thing today. Strange looking power symbol in the middle of the screen. I could not shut the TP off or do anything for that matter. It seemed like it was frozen.I plugged the supplied charger in to the TP and into the wall. It still did nothing.  I then held the power button and the button at the bottom of the screen simultaneously. After about 10 - 15 seconds the TP rebooted as if I had just turned on the power like normal. Thanks for the fix! It worked great!

HP Recommended

Thank you, fixed one I just bought from someone on CL that had tried to rip me off.

HP Recommended

Had the same issue this morning. I turned on my Touchpad and got the battery symbol along with the plug symbol. What i found odd is that I plugged the tablet yesterday because the battery level was at approximately 25%. I plugged it in then turned it off, it normally charges while off but apparently not this time. I did the power button / center button reboot and it reset but showed a totally drained battery. **bleep**?  My girlfriend use my charger to charge her cell pohne a couple of times , don't know if this has any effect or if it was related to something totally diffrent. 

Molon Labe
HP Recommended

My Touchpad went into my bag fully charged yesterday, and this morning I pulled it out an pushed the power button, and all that came up on the screen was the large battery symbol with lightening bolt in the middle and a red bar at the flat end of the battery (image below):

battery_symbol_touchpad2.jpg

I've tried doing what was suggested on this forum (plugging in to original power supply, pressing the center button and power button together for 15 seconds), but so far, it isn't snapping out of it.  I unplugged the power and saw the image change to a power plug, but it still won't boot up.  Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Looks like I just had to wait it out... the Touchpad eventually booted up.  My battery is showing 2% charge... makes me wonder what caused it to drain overnight.  Battery Gremlin, I guess... :Surprise:

battery_symbol_touchpad4.jpg

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  But mine won't even give me the symbol!  won't start and none of the "fixes" are working.  Left plugged in overnight and nothing happend.  today it seems to try but only a light on the home button blinks for a while then that goes away as well!

How do we get service on an Item that they are not making anymore?

😉

HP Recommended

If your Touchpad is under 90 Days old, you can still receive support from HP.

touchpad_support.JPG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.