Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My problem turned out to be the USB cable that connects touchpad to the USB barrel AC plug.  Eventually I swapped my cell phone's USB cable into place and it cured the problem.  (When I swapped my cell phones AC adaptor +  cable vice the HP ones, I got a message on the screen that the wrong type of adaptor is connected which I suppose is due to the lower amperage of the cell phone's adaptor.)  There's absolutely nothing physically wrong with the cable that I can see, i.e. no frayed wires or kinks etc.  I've never experienced a cable failing like that but I guess it was probably marginal from day one and just finally completely fatigued.  I worked through this with the HP rep via chat and they are sending me a replacement cable.  In retrospect, it probably would've been a little quicker speaking to rep via phone.

HP Recommended

The only reason is because when you turned it on you were hold the volume button.

HP Recommended
this has happened to me, how did you fix it???
HP Recommended
I was using my hp touchpad the other day and the battery was low i didnt turn it off the battery just drained, and now all that came up on the screen was the large battery symbol with lightening bolt in the middle and a red bar at the flat end of the battery.... HELP???? HOW DO I FIX THIS??? WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!
HP Recommended

After getting my new AC& USB chager Iplugged in HP TP in and 30 to 45 minutes later the HP TP just came on wityh about 15% power already charged on it. I will just come on or at least it did for me. Hope this helps.

HP Recommended
Mines been charging all night and all day??? Its been plugged in for the last 24 hrs. Do you have any more sugguestion. I've tried everything I can think of, resetting it, took battery out, trying to connect it to pc but pc won't read usb port 😞 etc. Thanks
HP Recommended

I'm curious how you took the battery out of your TouchPad?

HP Recommended
Just down from the volume button at the bottom of the hp touchpad there like a black botton push that in and ur battery somes out.

Hp touchpad is still stuck on charging screen would appreciate any help. Thank you
HP Recommended
Revbradl I see u had the same problem before how did you fix yours?
HP Recommended

Sorry but that is all I did and that is all I know to do. You may have a bad power AC charger and/or USB cable. Contact HP chat support to see if they can replace them.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.