Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have recently installed Palm Desktop 6.2.2 onto an HP Stream 11 which has been updated to Windows 10.  It runs and syncs with my TX just fine.

I suggest you just install it and use it.  There's no telling whether it will continue to work on future versions of Windows, but we are fortunate that its functionality persists through the demise of Palm and PalmOS development years ago.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended

I recently downloaded PalmDesktop 6.2.2 from your link onto a CD Rom.  I tested it on one of my Windows 7 64 bit home computers and everything worked just fine.  Later I downloaded it onto my office computer of the same configuration directly from your website (not from the CD).  While everything seemed fine, a short while thereafter, the computer slowed down to the point of being useless.  The IT staff couldn't figure out what the issue was, so they rebuilt my computer.  This happened 3 times and I'm pretty sure the slowness correlates to the Palm installation.  The latest rebuild is working fine but I'm afraid to download Palm again.  Any ideas?

HP Recommended

I can not get the 6.2.2 O/S program to install on my Windows VISTA laptop.  Hangs up with error message: "1607: Unable to Install InitialShield Scripting Runtime".

My laptop crashed and I had to reformat the HD and then re-install Windows VISTA from the Microsoft DVD.  Prior to that, Palm Desktop worked OK.  I do not have the Palm T/X 6.2 Operating System disk so I had to download the O/S here.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

HP Recommended

@Longislander wrote:

I recently downloaded PalmDesktop 6.2.2 from your link onto a CD Rom.  I tested it on one of my Windows 7 64 bit home computers and everything worked just fine.  Later I downloaded it onto my office computer of the same configuration directly from your website (not from the CD).  While everything seemed fine, a short while thereafter, the computer slowed down to the point of being useless.  The IT staff couldn't figure out what the issue was, so they rebuilt my computer.  This happened 3 times and I'm pretty sure the slowness correlates to the Palm installation.  The latest rebuild is working fine but I'm afraid to download Palm again.  Any ideas?

Are you installing it with Admin priviledges?

Rebuilding the hard drive seems a bit drastic if you think Palm Desktop is the suspect!  Why not just uninstall the application?

I have the app installed on several PC's, running Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.  No slowdown issues that I'm aware of...

I can only suggest closing the app when not needed, and if you don't need to HotSync the app to a PalmOS device, tell the PC to not load the HotSync app at startup.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

@JimB1231 wrote:

I can not get the 6.2.2 O/S program to install on my Windows VISTA laptop.  Hangs up with error message: "1607: Unable to Install InitialShield Scripting Runtime".

My laptop crashed and I had to reformat the HD and then re-install Windows VISTA from the Microsoft DVD.  Prior to that, Palm Desktop worked OK.  I do not have the Palm T/X 6.2 Operating System disk so I had to download the O/S here.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Searching Google for that error produces this page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/888019

See if anything mentioned there reflects on your issue.  Can I assume you have Admin priviledges while trying to install the application?

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I do have admin privileges on my office computer.

After I uninstalled Palm the computer still ran slow, so I thought it might be a virus that got downloaded with the software.  But when I ran Norton and Malware Bytes on the CD, nothing was found.

Maybe it's something else.  I'll wait a couple of weeks before installing the Palm software and see if I still get the same issue.

HP Recommended

Sirs,

I have been using Palm on two computers.

On one, it hasn't been syncing.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver (when i try re-installing, it says driver already updated).

As it hasn't synched, I have data that would be lost if I deleted and reinstalled the program.

Is there anyway of transfering the data?

Or any suggestions as to my problem?

thank you

Sloan

HP Recommended

In your WorkPad folder you have a .dba file that contains all of your calendar information.  Go back up a level and copy that entire WorkPad folder to another location and you have just created a backup/copy.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response.  I have been reading the blog, which is very informative.

It says to export the data in each folder (calender, contacts etc.) which I did.  Is that what your talking about?

Where is this "workpad" folder you discuss?

I found the Palm OS folder on my system, which has all the folders (address, datebook etc), if I use the export function, will it update the data to this folder?   (presently its dated 2014, so the data must be old).

But contacts saved as "contacts" and the folder says "address", is this the same data?

Lastly does the save button do the same thing?

Thanks again for your help.

Todd K

HP Recommended

Here's the update after many months, I was finally able to determine that there was nothing wrong with the Palm Desktop software.  I had my computer rebuilt 4 times due to issues with running very slowly.  After the fourth time, I insisted that the IT people in my office run a number of virus checks.  They said they found nothing, but after two months, I had no issues after they ran the anti-virus software.  On March 24, I reinstalled the Palm Desktop software and have had no issues since then (it's now July 17).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.