Post new question
Question
Palm TX Enterprise Security Update download?
Replies (46)
Reply
 
Provost
Posts: 16,116
Member Since: ‎07-03-2010
Message 31 of 47 (1,541 Views)

Re: Palm TX Enterprise Security Update download?


Palm_Swiss wrote:

Hello Wirenut

 

I have also an Palm TX an i need the Enterprise Security Update for the WPA2 Encryption.

Could you send them to me?

 

Thanks a lot,

Greets

 

René


And again, the link to the file is a few posts above...

 

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!


If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Teacher
Posts: 66
Member Since: ‎08-05-2014
Message 32 of 47 (1,296 Views)

Re: Palm TX Enterprise Security Update download?

Can you provide me with the update as well?  I know this is an older device but I still use it.

Provost
Posts: 16,116
Member Since: ‎07-03-2010
Message 33 of 47 (1,291 Views)

Re: Palm TX Enterprise Security Update download?


MattNC79 wrote:

Can you provide me with the update as well?  I know this is an older device but I still use it.


Does the link I provided earlier still work?

 

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!


If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Teacher
Posts: 66
Member Since: ‎08-05-2014
Message 34 of 47 (1,286 Views)

Re: Palm TX Enterprise Security Update download?

Just downloaded it.  Thank you sir!

 

Matt

Teacher
Posts: 66
Member Since: ‎08-05-2014
Message 35 of 47 (1,279 Views)

Re: Palm TX Enterprise Security Update download?

I have installed the TX security upgrade.  I could not get my device to connect to my wireless network before the update and since the update I still cant.  Does it matter if the connection type on the TX is WPA-PSK and my router's is WPA2-PAK?  I can connect to the router if I turn of the security and make it an open network but can't when the network is locked with a password.  Even though I entered the password for my router into the TX it still states the connection has failed.

Provost
Posts: 16,116
Member Since: ‎07-03-2010
Message 36 of 47 (1,272 Views)

Re: Palm TX Enterprise Security Update download?

[ Edited ]

MattNC79 wrote:

I have installed the TX security upgrade.  I could not get my device to connect to my wireless network before the update and since the update I still cant.  Does it matter if the connection type on the TX is WPA-PSK and my router's is WPA2-PAK?  I can connect to the router if I turn of the security and make it an open network but can't when the network is locked with a password.  Even though I entered the password for my router into the TX it still states the connection has failed.


Is "WPA2-PAK" a typo?  Not sure what that is...
I have my ASUS router set to "WPA2-Personal" and connection type to "Auto".  This allows legacy devices (/b) to connect), and the TX set to:
Security: Personal
Mode: WPA-PSK
Encryption: Auto (TKIP/AES)
It works!  I can connect to the internet, and grab some email.    Smiley Happy
Things to be sure to check in your router:  
-- It will allow a /b device to access.  Do not set it for "/n ONLY" or "/g & /n ONLY".
-- It is accessing a 2.4 Ghz band, not a 5.0 Ghz one.
Check my ancient sticky about the Palm Wifi Checklist  at the top of the list of posts here.
Good luck!
WyreNut

 

 

 

 

 EDIT:  What the heck is going on with the Forum software?  No idea why the above is looking so strange!?!

 

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!


If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
Posts: 3
Member Since: ‎04-27-2016
Message 37 of 47 (660 Views)

Re: Palm TX Enterprise Security Update download?

Thanks for sharing.
But: Is there any possibility to do the update without a charger?
I just have an USB-Cable here. Smiley Sad

Provost
Posts: 16,116
Member Since: ‎07-03-2010
Message 38 of 47 (657 Views)

Re: Palm TX Enterprise Security Update download?


muellerlukas wrote:

Thanks for sharing.
But: Is there any possibility to do the update without a charger?
I just have an USB-Cable here. Smiley Sad


The device should be fully charged before installing the update.

 

How are you charging it if the USB cable isn't working?  :/

 

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!


If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
Posts: 3
Member Since: ‎04-27-2016
Message 39 of 47 (651 Views)

Re: Palm TX Enterprise Security Update download?

Its fully charged.
USB-Cable is working. I charge it via USB or the USB-Power-Adapter I got with my smartphone.

 

But: When I try to install the update, it says "Plug your Palm TX into the charger and select OK".
When I press OK, the message appears again and again. Smiley Sad
So I think updating is only possible with a original Palm-Charger. Is this true?

Provost
Posts: 16,116
Member Since: ‎07-03-2010
Message 40 of 47 (649 Views)

Re: Palm TX Enterprise Security Update download?

[ Edited ]

muellerlukas wrote:

Its fully charged.
USB-Cable is working. I charge it via USB or the USB-Power-Adapter I got with my smartphone.

 

But: When I try to install the update, it says "Plug your Palm TX into the charger and select OK".
When I press OK, the message appears again and again. Smiley Sad
So I think updating is only possible with a original Palm-Charger. Is this true?


I genuinely don't know!  First time I've heard about this error.

 

I've had so many Palm OS devices over the years that I was never missing a charging cable!  They are easily located on amazon.com.

 

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!


If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation