Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 16 (1,320 Views)

Re: 64 Bit Palm Desktop Drivers are HERE!

WORKED GREAT!!!!!!  MANY KUDOS TO YOU!!!!  I still have a glitch or two..the Palm Desktop is an EXE file so I have to open with each access...bummer  then of course it's the color of the thing as well as the size.  sooooooo small.  Any suggestions?

Many thanks RED

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 16 (1,317 Views)

Hello RedQueen_1, not sure what you're asking.

Perhaps you are having to start Palm Desktop manually to perform a HotSync?  To fix this, be sure the HotSync Manager program is running before initiating a HotSync.

You should see the little red and blue icon in the tool tray when it's active.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Top Student
Message 3 of 16 (1,309 Views)

Howdy...thanks for the speedy return....the Palm desktop icon just happens to be an exe. file....which means it loads from there..I just can't click on it to appear...I have to load it.  and yes hotsinc is in the toolbar

Provost
Message 4 of 16 (1,301 Views)

RedQueen_1 wrote:

Howdy...thanks for the speedy return....the Palm desktop icon just happens to be an exe. file....which means it loads from there..I just can't click on it to appear...I have to load it.  and yes hotsinc is in the toolbar

What happens when you choose Start Button/Palm/Palm Desktop?

It sounds to me you may be clicking on the installation file for Palm Desktop instead of a shortcut to the program after it has been installed?

WyreNut

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Student
Message 5 of 16 (1,297 Views)

sorry been to bed & slept since I had any contact with you guys so cannot remember exactly what this was about.

I have an old Tungsten T3 that I would love to be able to use again.  I need to synch this with my 64bit Win7 G62 running Office 2007 so I can synch Office Outlook & Access files

Is this possible using the original installation disc?

Distinguished Professor
Message 6 of 16 (1,291 Views)

[ Edited ]

desiesel wrote:

sorry been to bed & slept since I had any contact with you guys so cannot remember exactly what this was about.

Huh?

I have an old Tungsten T3 that I would love to be able to use again.  I need to synch this with my 64bit Win7 G62 running Office 2007 so I can synch Office Outlook & Access files

Is this possible using the original installation disc?

No.

To sync your device, please read thru this thread and many others about the 64-bit Aceeca USB drivers.  You should use Palm Desktop 6.2.2 and will also need PalmHotsyncSetup from www.pimlicosoftware.com

The Palm Support site has Outlook conduits, but I doubt they'll work with Outlook 2007.  You could look into CompanionLink,  a possible third-party solution.

As for Office 2007 files, you would need to use the most recent version of Documents To Go for Palm.  Unfortunately, Dataviz no longer sells DTG for Palm.  If you have an older version of DTG, you can try saving your desktop documents as older versions of Word/Excel.  Unfortunately, the older versions of DTG are not compatible with Windows 7.

The only app I knew of to sync Access files with Palm devices was SmartList To Go.  It was also a Dataviz product.  It has also been abandonded by Dataviz and is no longer available for purchase.

Top Student
Message 7 of 16 (1,280 Views)

Howdy...It gives me just the exe file.... don't know how to change that so I don't have to install every time...perhaps I skipped a step somewhere,,,,I have the original disk T5 came woth....maybe I should go back to that earlier version....at least it had color themesSmiley Surprised what do ya think????    Red

Provost
Message 8 of 16 (1,275 Views)

RedQueen_1 wrote:

Howdy...It gives me just the exe file.... don't know how to change that so I don't have to install every time...perhaps I skipped a step somewhere,,,,I have the original disk T5 came woth....maybe I should go back to that earlier version....at least it had color themesSmiley Surprised what do ya think????    Red

What happened when you clicked on Start/Palm/Palm Desktop?  Did the program run correctly?

You can use that older version, but it will require a complete uninstall of the 6.2.2 version, and a reinstall of the Aceeca drivers.

I'm still a bit confused by your original problem.  Palm Desktop is an .exe file after it gets installed. You should get a shortcut to Palm Desktop installed... 

WyreNut

Top Student
Message 9 of 16 (1,267 Views)

Thanks for this.  Guess I'll just stick with Windows devices!

Top Student
Message 10 of 16 (1,276 Views)

Professor.....Yes the program runs correctly....and after using the exe file continusly....no shortcut?????Do you know how I can fix that?????Smiley Tongue   RED I"m really feeling DUMBSmiley Sad

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation