Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (74 Views)

URGENT!! Unable to install files to my Palm, Zire 72

Dear Sir/Madam,

I used Windows XP before. There is nothing special problem happened before. However, now I change to use Windows Vista in a new computer. I could not install anything into my Zire 72 no matter a prc or pdb files. The custom setting has shown that both Quick Install and Install are active. After synchronization, there is nothing happened to the installation issue. It even did not show any message of "installation fail" or "unable to install". Please advise how could I fix the issue. Thank you!

Regards,

John Chan

Post relates to: Zire 72

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 2 (74 Views)

Re: URGENT!! Unable to install files to my Palm, Zire 72

Hi, and welcome to the Palm Support Community.

There are several "stickied" threads in the upper section of this board which you should read...here, and here.

First, if your Vista computer is a 64-bit machine, you cannot sync with your USB cable because there are no USB drivers for 64-bit systems.  You would have to use Infrared or Bluetooth to sync.

Next, you need to use Palm Desktop 6.2.2.  You can find Windows Vista information and links to Palm Desktop at the firstthread I have linked above.

Third, you need to install PalmHotsyncSetup which you will find by going to the second thread I have linked above.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation