Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (922 Views)

Won't stay on battery low

Product Name: Tungsten e2
Operating System: Other
Device won't stay on after being unplugged for a few months. It says battery is low and shuts down after a few seconds. It's hard wired in so I'm not sure why it's not staying on. Help
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (896 Views)

Re: Won't stay on battery low

Hi! @HeidiBronsink, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand your PC won't stay on when the battery is low.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number and operating system of your PC to assist you better.

The steps recommended below.

Go to the Device Manager and find the Batteries>Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, right click, and uninstall the driver.

Go to the Action menu at the top of Device Manager, and Scan for Hardware Changes. This will reinstall the driver

Also, run a battery test on your PC from HP support assistant and let me know the results.

Refer this article to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day ahead! Smiley Happy

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Distinguished Professor
Message 3 of 3 (870 Views)

Re: Won't stay on battery low

HeidiBronsink wrote:
Device won't stay on after being unplugged for a few months. It says battery is low and shuts down after a few seconds. It's hard wired in so I'm not sure why it's not staying on. Help

I don't understand your question.  Your question is about a Palm Tungsten E2, correct?

What do you mean by "unplugged for a few months"?

What do you mean by "hard wired in"?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation