Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp TouchPad 4G
WebOS / Palm OS

following instructions for setup corectly however after connecting to wifi connection, setup page with terms and conditions does not load and error message pops up after it trying to load for forever. message says: "Server Error

Please contact palm.com/support to help resolve this problem"

i have tried restarting touchpad, disconnecting and reconnecting to internet, giving a few days to retry, and it always does the same thing. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Use the search function for hundreds of questions on this subject...

HP abandoned webOS years ago now.  There used to be a "stickied" thread near the top of this board, about bypassing webOS setup, which links to an article on another site (here).  Sadly, HP appears to have "un-stickied" it for some inexplicable reason.  The last time I checked there, most of the links to download the necessary files are dead. 

webOS Nation Forums might also lead you to current information about installing LuneOS onto your Touchpad.  I've looked at trying to do that, and frankly the instructions are a little too involved for me and seem to assume knowledge which I do not have.

Bottom line is that you are generally hosed.  Sorry.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.