Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My daughter bought an Envy4500 all-in-one printer scanner. To modify settings I need the admin password (and the one she set it up with doesn't work). Is there a key combination to reset the printer password?

I found the reset buttons 'wireless button' + 'minus button' & 'power on' till blinking reset most but not the admin password part.

Cheers and thanks

83 REPLIES 83
HP Recommended

Hi @Wawny, 

I see by your post that you would like to reset the password on the printer. I can help you with this.

Please check your private messages for the reset for the printer.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Have a nice day! :generic:
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I too need to have the admin password reset on an Envy 4500 printer.  Can you please send the information needed to me as well?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi @clshores,

I can send you that information in a private message.

Have a great day! :generic:
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Please i need the password too ..if you don't mind. I want to set the password to prevent just anyone from seeing my printer and sending print work to it. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @enkay,

I understand you would also like the reset for the printer.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello!

I am having this problem too, I set the password up but I cannot remember it!

Would you please also forward the instructions to me?

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Hi @Griffork ,

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am also needing to reset my admin password to access the software to connect my 4500 Envy. 

If you can help me with my problem I can print Cartridge Cleaning pages, but it will not print any files that arent within the Software. This situation is with a wireless setup, however, it wont recognize USB when I tried to fix it that way.

HP Recommended

Hi @offroadsgirl10  and @Karen15 ,

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.