Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 9019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Replacing my HP Envy for a Office Jet Pro 9019 with 1 year instant ink trail. I already have an Instant Ink account. Can the trail be added to my existing account or is it better to close account and open another

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Zenpod,

I'd like to help!

I understand you would like to replace the printer on your instant ink account.

Follow these steps to keep your account history, rollover pages, and free trial months:

1. Make sure the new printer is HP Instant Ink compatible. If you plan to purchase one, look for the HP Instant Ink logo on the box. For warranty replacements, you will automatically be sent a compatible printer.
  2. Do not cancel your current Instant Ink plan.
  3. Once you have the new printer, log in to your account at hpinstantink.com and click Enroll/Replace Printer.
  4. Then follow the steps to complete enrollment of your new printer.

Important information about cartridges:

• A new set of Instant Ink cartridges will either be included with your printer or you will receive a shipment within 10 business days of replacing the printer.
  • If compatible, you can also install any unused Instant Ink cartridges you may have on hand. If not compatible, please send any unused cartridges back in the included recycle bag.
  • Any used cartridges you may have will not work in the new printer, so please send them back for recycling.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.