Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

7740 not accepting brand new genuine HP ink cartridges

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am attempting to install all 4 (cyan, magenta, yellow, and black) brand new genuine HP 952xl ink cartridges for my 7740 printer. However, it repeatedly gives the message to re-insert the cartridge and if this continues replace the cartridge. Then I noticed the new cartridges all have an expiry date a few months ago (8 2020). Is this the cause of this message?

Article c01764161 mentions you can override an expired cartridge message if desired, but I don't see that option. It just won't accept the brand new cartridges.

What do do? Thanks for any suggestions.

Otherwise the printer has been working well in all aspects and I would very much recommend this printer.

BTW, this is the first time I ever heard of expiring ink! Had I known about this possibility I would never have ordered them ahead of time to keep spares in stock! I definitely won't continue this practice any longer!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,093 13,078 701 533
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ole_Ersson

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding the replacement of inks.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your reply makes no sense. It is The USA link. What am I supposed to do with this link?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation