Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended Solution: Are you having print quality issues or getting an incompatible cartridge error? Click here for help

I need ink cartridges for my officejet pro 6978. Apparently the 902 color cartridges have been recalled, and I don't think anything else is compatible! Aftermarket or non-HP cartridges won't work since the recent firmware update. : (  Any help or suggestions?  thanks!

206 REPLIES 206
HP Recommended

@rnabulsi

Welcome to the HP support community.

This is the list of cartridges supported by this printer.

These cartridges are still available, you can purchase the cartridges from HP store

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What is the delivery from a HP store?

HP Recommended

Delivery: about as fastas the online response

HP Recommended

Since you have a lock on the supply with the internal coding, it does not matter to you where I buy the cartridges, they have to come from you eventually. The customer is not in the equasion.

HP Recommended

I thinkI will go to Office Depot again, buy another brand of printer that does not have the unexplaneable quality control problems HP has ot the unresponsive online responses.

HP Recommended

I did not look at the time stamps!! It seems you take at least two to three days to respond to questions. 

HP Recommended

@JLW50

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

the HP store only has magenta. All others are out of stock. As I said, I believe these have been recalled.

HP Recommended

Just found this thread, as I'm in the same boat.  I, too, have an OfficeJet Pro 6789 and need more ink (my Cyan is running low).  I can't find 902XL cartridges anywhere.  I've looked everywhere:  Staples, Office Depot, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Amazon.  You name it, no one has it.  Any stock I can find is either Black or Magenta.  No Cyan.  I, usually, prefer to buy the XL 5-pack (most bang for the buck).  No one has that, either.  Why is there no product to be found?  When will this be available again?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.