Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Only Black and Magenta can be purchased from the online store! This is of no use to people needing Yellow or Cyan. 

HP Recommended

I'm in the same situation, can't find 902 cyan or yellow anywhere including HP.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, and I had two new packs that aren’t accepted by the printer - seems to be an issue. Are they getting fixed or should we throw these printers out??

HP Recommended

The Cyan and Yellow cartridges for series 902, 910 and 935 have indeed been recalled due to a manufacturing defect that could damage the printer, according to Staples. They do not have an estimated time when they will be available again.

HP Recommended

I to cannot find any 902 Ink. The Covid 19 crisis has me working from home where a printer is essential. Can HP help me with this. Please credit me a different model and I will go get it today.

HP Recommended

Per Brianiac80's post, at least we have a reason why.

Does anybody know if third party cartridges will work in an OfficeJet 6978? Or would I just be wasting my money? Several 902XL compatible options present themselves on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=902xl+ink+cartridges+for+hp+printers&crid=Y869KU50TMN5&sprefix=902xl%2Cap...

If HP won't have replacement product available anytime soon, I'm going to need a Plan B.

HP Recommended

How does someone get to speak with HP. I cannot believe a company that big does not offer customer service.

HP Recommended

Hello Sandy,

I am in dire need of a printer. no 902 anywhere. How can I speak with customer service.

HP Recommended

Found out the ink cartridges for my OfficeJet pro 6978 have been recalled. What is HP doing now that my printer is now a paper weight.

HP Recommended

HP please respond with resolution as I rely on this printer daily for work and small business.  Where are we able to obtain 902 cartridges or a credit for new printer with available cartridges?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.