Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

You will be wasting your money. They changed something in the software and it no longer accepts 3rd party ink cartridges. I have about $50 of color ink going in the trash that the

HP Recommended

Looks like third party cartridges are out of the question, then.  We're stuck waiting for a solution from HP.  Hopefully, sooner rather than later.

HP Recommended

I just went to your HP Store and they are out of 902 cyan ink as well as everyone else in the country, Do you know when this ink will be available?

HP Recommended

@joewoodco, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties.

Hp values all its customers and regrets that you had this experience and inconvenience.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for assistance.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I belong to a computer business in Virgil, Ontario Canada and I can still get them. My supplier has 155 3-packs in stock.

UPC = 889894999467

We also refill cartridges and one of our customers today brought back several genuine HP colour cartridges that we refilled that don't work. The black cartridge works ok though. HP is the only major brand of ink cartridge that tries to restrict refills. Brother and Canon, not so much. 

HP Recommended

@NCS1501, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
nice
HP Recommended

test1

HP Recommended

Amazon does not have the HP902 color ink cartridges. Only knock off versions.

HP Recommended

As per Staples, the Cian and Yellow colors are being recalled.  They don't know why.  Amazon and other dealers no longer carry these colors as well.  I just spoke to HP and was told the ink is just out of stock - nothing about it being recalled.  I found the 4 pack (black and colors) on CVS website and placed the order.  I received and installed the cartridges and when printing a document with the Cian and Yellow colors, those colors appear as a rose color on the document.  So obviously these cartridges are faulty and CVS did not pull from the shelves.  Clueless as what to do next.  Do I need to buy a new printer or wait until restocked? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.