Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have the same situation.  I believe the first cyan 902 cartridge that would not work for me damaged my printer.  My printer worked great until I installed that cyan cartridge.  Now my printer will not use any cyan 902 cartridges nor will it complete an alignment.  I spoke to HP support who told me my printer was broken and tried to sell me a new printer that was almost 3x the cost of the one I have and kept me on the phone for over 1/2 hour trying to sell me their mailing ink cartridge plan.  They could at least offer a discount on a new printer?  I am amazed at how unhelpful the phone conversation was!!  HP should really have a plan in place to handle this defective cartridge situation!!  The effort it took just to reach a HP support person was absurd for a company this size!! Definitely going to look at a different brand printer this time around. 

HP Recommended

I'm so upset with HP printer customer service inability.  Less than two weeks ago, I put new HP color cartridges in my HP OfficeJet Pro. They only lasted five days. I thought something was wrong, but needed to be able to print color. So, I ran all over town yesterday trying to find them. After five stores, finally someone at Office Depot told me that these two had been recalled. Yellow and Cyan. So then I was on my phone for more than 2 hours  with HP trying to get customer support. I finally got in touch with someone in the Philippines by the name of Jim, who said yes he knew about the recall and many people had complained. He finally transferred me to an "UP LINE SUPERVISOR",  who was also in the Philippines, who said he knew nothing about a recall.  By that time my blood pressure was through the roof!!!! He promised to have someone in Customer Support contact me today, and gave me a case number 505 548 9196. Nobody has contacted me, and I don't have time or patience for another two-hour phone call trying to get to a live person. I'm ready to buy a different brand printer if I can't get reimbursed for the ones I purchased that had been recalled, and can't even find the cartridges now. Someone at HP needs to contact me TODAY, or I'm going to file a complaint with BBB everywhere I can!!!!!!   RHH222

HP Recommended

I'm seriously thinking of throwing my HP printer out and buying a different brand. I've only had it for one year, but this isn't the first problem I've had. However, this cartridge recall issue is mind blowing, and the fact that we can't even get good customer support is maddening!!!! HP WAKE UP!!! 

HP Recommended

THIS IS NO HELP!!!! GET YOUR IN-COUNTRY CUSTOMER SUPPORT PEOPLE ON THE PHONE!!!!! OR......I'M LEAVING HP FOR GOOD!!!

HP Recommended

Trash the HP and buy an Epson, with refillable ink wells. That's what I'm going to do. My son loves his. 

HP Recommended

HP responses are RIDICULOUS -- our printers. are useless and. the responses here "buy  a new. cartridge" are infuriating. My printer is trash and I want to return it. 

Meanwhile HP customer support has closed my case.  

HP Recommended

AND NOW I'M GETTING.  PRIVATE MESSAGES SAYING I AM VIOLATING THE MESSAGE BOARD RULES. 

HP Recommended

I"M ON THE PHONE WITH HP. AFTER HOLDING FOR 30 MINUTES, I SPOKE WITH ONE PERSON WHO HAS TRANSFERRED ME TO AN ENGINEER???? WHY??? MY PRINTER IS NOT BROKEN, JUST CAN'T GET THE CARTRIDGES AND THE ONES I PURCHASED TWO WEEKS AGO ARE USELESS. MY TOTAL PHONE TIME IS NOW 55 MINUTES, STILL HOLDING. I'M PROBABLY GOING TO BUY A BETTER MORE CUSTOMER FRIENDLY BRAND TOMORROW.  THIS IS INSANITY !!!

HP Recommended

WELL THAT'S IT!!! AFTER BEING ON HOLD FOR  MORE THAN ONE HOUR, I WAS TOLD MY CASE HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED TO A "HIGHER UP TEAM" AND THEY WILL CALL ME IN 24-48 HOURS. I DON'T BELIEVE THAT FOR ONE MINUTE. I'M FINISHED WITH HP. GOING TOMORROW TO BUY A MORE RELIABLE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE FRIENDLY PRINTER. I WILL NEVER AGAIN PURCHASE AN HP ANYTHING !!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the number to call -- after holding for ever and repeatedly saying AGENT i finally spoke to a very nice person.  After relaying the problem and the previously reported issues and closed case with no solution, they wanted to trouble shoot. I refused.  I told him the only acceptable solution - given that my printer is under warranty - was a new printer to be sent immediately with expedited shipping.  So they are sending one. 

A bizarre ending to a two-week crisis in which i spent upwards of 20 hours trying to deal with this.

I guess now it's just a wait and see if the new printer is as terrible and useless as the existing one.

HP is a terrible 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.