Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

The set I tried could not be read by the printer. I'm very frustrated. This is not the way to properly treat customers. 

HP Recommended

MADrossman, see the advice a few posts before yours about how to get ink from HP support. It worked for me (or at least they say ink is on its way to me), although it's only cyan and yellow, which won't be enough to get my printer to work. 

Davieeakinm1 Same here. I've always had HP printers. This one is two years old and works perfectly fine...except for this issue, which has rendered it useless. I have a Brother on order that will arrive next week. It makes me sick to think about dumping this printer in a landfill.

HP Recommended

When will I be able to get a replacement for the 902 Cartridge?

Printer: HP Office jet Pro 6968 

All I can print at the present time is the black ink.

HP Recommended

I see no one has bothered to close out this response.  Just ran out of Cyan ink and NO ONE has it.  I don't see publication of a recall, explanation by the monitors here.  The printers can't be as disposable as the cartridges.

HP Recommended

Then why does the HP Store web site show they are out of stock?

HP Recommended

In an e-mail I received from HP, it appears the problem is a "nationwide supply chain challenge".  I doubt there ever was a recall. 

I ordered each color and black -a la carte- as I saw each one become available on the HP web site (paying top dollar of course). The yellow was not going to be shipped until Dec 11, but then surprisingly I received another email saying all has been shipped. 

Good Luck 

HP Recommended

I wonder why you received an email and others (including myself) have not. I can understand supply chain issues, but what's inexcusable is 1) not communicating and 2) not disabling whatever it is that prevents a printer from either printing black (HP) ink only, or printing using non-HP ink. It leaves users with no way to print at all. 

HP Recommended

Hp does not have the Cyan nor the Yellow 902 cartiridgees in stock.  They have not been in stock for over a month.  How are we supposed to print without ink?  HP has not provided any information on the shortage nor any ETA on the fix.  The poor customer service is not accetable and I am not surprised so many people have been posting that they have to buy a new (non HP) printer as they simply cannot chose to just not print until HP gets their act together and supplies ink for their printers.

Do you have an actual ETA of when Cyan and Yellow ink will be in-stock to purchase?

I perfer ordering HP Ink from your website as it is usually cheaper and is quickly delivered...but being out of stock for so long is not acceptable.

HP Recommended

Why is HP not responding with a solution?

HP Recommended

Not only was I having trouble purchasing the cyan cartridge, but the yellow cartridge I was able to purchase at Staples was defective, as well; ergo, I'm not able to align my printer.

Colors are awful.

How do I get credit for the HP 6978 printer I purchased and is now totally useless?

This is outrageous.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.