Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Although I have been a loyal customer of HP for over two decades, my recent experience with you has discouraged any future HP purchases.  You offer no cyan ink for my officepro 6978, and your firmware precludes the use of any ink other than your own.  I understand businesses have production problems, but my real frustration is with your circular logic virtual support page, and the inability to talk with anyone because my printer is out of warranty.  I have a non-HP Cyan ink cartridge I apparently cant use.  And I cant buy one of yours.  And you are not making any information available to me to remedy the problem.  Shame on HP.

HP Recommended

Sorry, but not all the cartridges are available on the HP store...

HP Recommended

Re: 902 cartridge recall? How can I get 902 cartridges to operate my Pro 6978?

HP Recommended

Mart72--If you read through the comments (although I know there are too many to read through), you'll see there aren't 902 cartridges available in all colors. And apparently HP is ignoring our questions and doing nothing to remedy the issue of not being able to use our printers, even with non-HP ink. So those of us with printers that require HP02 ink are completely out of luck. I and others have had to buy new (non-HP!) printers. It's ridiculous.

HP Recommended

I have been unable to get the HP 902 ink cartridges in cyan or yellow for several months now.  I bought my printer just a year ago and am very disappointed that HP has not supported it in any way by making ink available that I can use. Please advise.

HP Recommended

I am unable to find these cartridges on your website in cyan and yellow. I just find black and magenta.

HP Recommended

Has anyone from HP replied to this issue?  I cannot find color 902 ink cartridges anywhere and 902XL color cartridges (purchased from COSTCO) get an error message and they do not work on my HP Officejet 6958.  Why doesn't HP stand behind their product and cause this terrible product experience and they do nothing about it?

HP Recommended

Good luck getting them from HP.  I ordered 3 color cartridges several months ago but only received the magenta, even though they charged my credit card for all three.  I had a terrible time getting them to refund the money for the other two cartridges, and they never did admit that they were out of stock. Terrible customer service! I will never buy another HP product and will discourage others from doing so,!

HP Recommended

Same issue with my new 902 cartridges. Printer message "cartridge incompatible". Staples, where I bought, told me they were being recalled due to manufacturing issue. HP Virtual Agent is a joke and of NO help!

HP Recommended

Transparency would be a real plus here!  Just be honest about when/if you expect ink, when/if we need to replace our printers, and when/if HP will devise some sort of credit for those of us who have no choice but to purchase another printer through no fault of our own.  I have been an HP fan for 25 years, and my experiences with other brands have been disappointing.  I sure hope HP does not join that cadre of crappy printer companies.  

Edit:  Just found this after another circuitous search.  Regarding expiration dates on the ink cartridges no longer functioning past 12/1/2020.  I had heard NOTHING about this and my warranty just expired.  I would have hoped to be contacted, or at least not having to dig for info all day, being on hold with customer service then having the call dropped after over an hour.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06706633

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.