Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

The lack of communication is outrageous. I (like others) recently bought a Brother printer (MFC-J805DW) because I can't keep working without a printer. So far I'm happy with it. 

HP Recommended

The Cyan and Yellow cartridges' are NOT available anywhere including the HP Store.

HP Recommended

Just learned today about the 902 cartridge recall. No yellow or cyan cartridges available. Is there an update or other solution besides buying a new printer?

HP Recommended

I had the recalled 902 Cyan and Yellow Cartridges installed in my HP Officejet Pro 6978 for some time before I received the replacement Cartridges through HP Instant Ink Program. The blue (Cyan) would not clean up with multiple clean the head cycles. Now it will not print Blue at all. I had to order a Canon printer to print my pictures. The 6978 can only be used for Black print outs. HP should replace my printer if their defective cartridges caused my printer to fail!

HP Recommended

@MPeach, @Purplefoot Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. There was an issue with the new lot of HP 902 Cyan and Yellow ink cartridges and they were recalled. If the Cartridge was manufactured in Malaysia and the Warranty End Date is between April 1st, 2022 and September 18th, 2022, please do not use this ink cartridge.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the replacement options for the ink cartridge or to check its availability. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Also, check if the printer/ink cartridges are eligible for a replacement. Refer to -  'Incompatible' or 'Defective Cartridge' message

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is way too little, too late. My printer has been unusable since late October. It won't even print black-only. As for reaching out to HP support, I did just that weeks ago and still haven't received any replacement cartridges. In the meantime I had to buy a new (non-HP!) printer.

HP Recommended

This does not help at all!  The problem is that many, many people purchased defective cartridges and installed them prior to the recall.  Their printers - like mine - were completely broken.  Replacing the defective cartridge does nothing to solve the problem as the printers are already useless.  Contacting HP is also useless as, unless your printer is still within it's warranty, they will not help you.  These printers are broken due to defective HP products.  Warranties should not matter.  They were working fine until defective cartridges broke them.  HP refuses to help in any way - I have tried several times now.  They even refuse to offer me a minor credit towards a new HP printer.   They are completely ignoring this issue caused by their defective products.  I certainly hope a class action law suit is in the works.  This will be the first time I will go out of my way to join one.  This HP problem has cost me a fortune in wasted ink and a useless printer.  HP should be embarrassed by their lack of action towards the consumers regarding this obviously glaring problem. 

HP Recommended

Unbelievably a response from HP finally arrived today stating  'There was an issue with the new lot of HP 902 Cyan and Yellow ink cartridges and they were recalled.  if the Cartridge was manufactured in Malaysia and the Warranty End Date is between April 1st, 2022 and September 18th, 2022, please do not use these ink cartridges'.  

I have an HP 902XL Magenta with a Warranty End Date of August 2022.  I don't feel confident this isn't part of the recall.  What to do now?  Also, the email from HP doesn't address "XL" cartidges...  We're still left in the dark not knowing. 

Totally unacceptable customer service from a huge company such as HP.  They're losing many, many loyal customer over this fiasco!

HP Recommended

When will these cartridges be available...I need to print and haven't been able to for months.  I have searched everywhere.  What's up with this?  I can't get any support when calling HP.. they are ignoring this issue. 

HP Recommended

HP Store indicates HP 902 Cyan is not available.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.